Banana pudding -This is the BEST banana pudding recipe! It is a no bake dessert that is perfect for a last minute party or get together is something everyone will love!
Homemade banana pudding
If you’ve ever been to Magnolia bakery in NYC and had their banana pudding, you know how good it is. As soon as I tried it I knew I wanted to find a version I could make at home. My family loved it so much and practically licked the pan clean! This banana pudding recipe is so easy to make and it feeds a lot of people. The combination of pudding, whipped cream, bananas and vanilla wafers makes a delicious dessert. I love making fruit desserts, especially during Spring and Summer!
How to make banana pudding
Making your own banana pudding is SO easy and tastes amazing. Scroll down for the full banana pudding recipe.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Next add in the sweetened condensed milk, dry pudding and milk.
- Mix well and then refrigerate until it has firmed up, about 15 minutes. Then stir in half of the whipped cream (or cool whip).
- Place half of the vanilla wafers into the bottom of a 9×13 dish, trifle dish, or individual cups. Arrange sliced bananas over the wafers. Spread with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat.
- Spoon the remaining whipped cream on top. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
TIP: Add crushed vanilla wafer cookies and sliced bananas on top, just before serving to dress up this dessert.
Can banana pudding be made a day ahead?
Yes, it can definitely be made the day ahead. It will stay good in the refrigerator 1-3 days, however the bananas will brown the longer it sits. It will still taste amazing though! I prefer to make it in the morning and serve later that evening.
Does banana pudding need to be refrigerated?
Yes, banana pudding should be kept in the refrigerator since there is dairy in this dessert. However, it can stay out for 1-2 hours at a potluck. It is best to refrigerate the banana pudding a few hours before serving to allow the cookies to soften.
This really is the best banana pudding recipe and is so easy to make! If you love bananas, you must give it a try! You can make this banana pudding in a 9×13 dish, trifle dish or individual cups. I love serving it in these mini trifle dishes.
Banana Pudding Recipe
- 8 ounce block cream cheese , softened
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3.4 ounce box Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 cup whole milk
- 11 ounce Box of Vanilla Wafers , or shortbread cookies
- 4-5 Ripe bananas
- 3-4 cups homemade whipped cream , or thawed cool whip
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Next add in the sweetened condensed milk, dry pudding and milk. Mix well. Then refrigerate until it has firmed up, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in half of the whipped cream into the pudding mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Place half of the vanilla wafers into the bottom of a 9x13 dish, trifle dish, or individual cups. Arrange sliced bananas over the wafers. Spread with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat. Then spoon the remaining whipped cream on top. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Before serving add crushed vanilla wafers and slices of bananas.