This easy snicker salad only takes 5 ingredients and 15 minutes to make. It’s so delicious and is the perfect combination of creamy, sweet and salty.
Table of Contents
Apple Snicker Salad
When it comes to no-bake desserts, this snicker apple salad is one of the best out there. It’s super easy to make, comes together quickly and has all of my favorite flavors. It’s similar to my snickers caramel apple pie, but without the crust. And trust me, you won’t even miss it!
This snicker apple salad AKA candy bar salad is the perfect side dish or dessert for any potluck or parties. It’s always a hit with both kids and adults and is the perfect creamy, sweet and salty combo.
It almost reminds me of a caramel apple, but in pudding form. It’s hard to explain, but just trust me. It’s so good! Plus it couldn’t be easier to make. Only 5 ingredients needed and it’s ready in just 15 minutes. You need this recipe in your life!
Only 5 Ingredients!
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Cool whip
- Granny smith apples
- Snicker candy bars
How to Make Snickers Salad
MIX. Whisk together the pudding and milk, then let sit for about 3 minutes. Once thickened, mix in the cool whip. Then stir in the chopped apples and snickers until combined.
CHILL. Once everything is mixed together, chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
SERVE. I like to add extra apples and chopped snickers on top prior to serving. Enjoy!
- You can mix up the pudding mix flavor and use white chocolate or butterscotch as well.
- To lighten it up, you could also use yogurt.
- Feel free to add more fruit (such as grapes) and nuts for an extra crunch.
- You can use the whole container of cool whip, but using 3/4 of the container works best for me.
- Mini marshmallows would also taste delicious added in. I’d use about 1/2 to 3/4 cup.
- A drizzle of caramel would be delicious on top of the salad before serving.
There are a few ways to prevent apples from browning, although they may change the taste of the apple slightly. Soak apple slices for a few minutes in 1 Tablespoon lemon juice diluted in one cup of water. You can also soak them in ginger ale or 7up for a few minutes or sprinkle them with an ascorbic acid powder like Ball’s Fresh Fruit.
Snickers are what makes it a Snicker salad but don’t let that stop you from using up leftover Halloween candy! Try Twix, Milk Way, 3 Musketeers or even Rolos.
While there is no wrong apple to use in this snicker salad, tart Granny Apples pair well with the sweeter ingredients for a nice contrast of flavors. If you like sweeter varieties try Gala, Honeycrisp, Pink Lady or even Fuji apples.
While Snickers salad is best served the same day you might be able to store it longer if you have treated your apples to prevent oxidation. Even then though I would only store it refrigerated for a few days.
This snicker salad tastes best if served the same day. I wouldn’t recommend making it the day before, as the apples could get soggy and brown. It also doesn’t freeze very well, so make sure to eat it all up the same day you make it (which isn’t a hard task!).
More Easy No-Bake Desserts
Snicker Salad Recipe
- 3.4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 6 ounces cool whip , thawed
- 4-5 granny smith apples , chopped into bite size pieces
- 16 fun size snicker candy bars (or 5 full size) , chopped
- Whisk together the pudding and milk in medium size bowl. Let pudding sit for about 3 minutes to thicken and then mix in the cool whip.
- Add the apples and snickers to the pudding mix and stir until until combined. Add more apples or snickers if desired.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Add extra apples on chopped snicker on top before serving, if desired.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!