Easy Banana Cream Pie – This recipe has all the delicious flavors of good old-fashioned banana cream pie but is literally done in minutes. Takes only 5-ingredients and is the most simple banana cream pie recipe ever!
I’m all about easy pie recipes that are quick and don’t require a lot of ingredients. This banana cream pie recipe is one of my top picks, as well as my strawberry cream pie and mint chocolate cream pie.
Banana cream pie
One of my very favorite pies is banana cream pie. My husband’s grandma makes banana cream pie for Thanksgiving every year (along with about a dozen other pies) and it’s always the kid’s favorite. I was shocked when I heard it was so simple to make!
This banana cream pie recipe is so easy and if you love bananas, you are bound to love this pie too. It’s light, fluffy and full of delicious banana flavor. Plus it’s made with just 5 simple ingredients…one being a box of instant banana pudding mix. It honestly doesn’t get any easier than this banana cream pie with jello pudding!
I dressed this banana cream pie up a little bit by piping on some homemade whipped cream with a large 1M tip. Then I added small dollops on the inside of the crust. I also garnished with some fresh banana slices too!
Ingredients for banana cream pie recipe
The secret ingredient in this easy banana cream pie is the instant banana pudding. It helps to make a creamy banana filling and has such great flavor. Doesn’t get any easier than this!
- Premade graham cracker crust or pie crust (can use homemade pie crust too)
- Instant Banana Pudding
- Cool Whip
How to make banana cream pie
Scroll down for the printable easy banana cream pie recipe and video tutorial.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together pudding and milk for about 2-3 minutes (until mixture thickens).
- Fold in Cool Whip and banana slices, then pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Chill banana cream pie for at least 3 hours before serving. Top with remaining cool whip (or whipped cream) and fresh bananas.
Can you make banana cream pie the day before?
Yes! The banana cream pie needs to chill for at least 3 hours before serving in order to set, so it’s even better if you can let it set overnight! Just make the banana cream pie according to instructions and then place in the refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and fresh bananas.
How long does banana cream pie last?
This easy banana cream pie will keep in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days. To store, just loosely cover the pie top with aluminum foil (or plastic wrap) and place in the fridge.
Easy Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 5.1 ounces instant banana pudding (1 box)
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup cool whip
- 2-3 medium bananas (cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- 1 graham cracker crust or pie crust (premade)
- Whisk pudding and milk in a bowl for 2-3 minutes, or until it has thickened. Fold in Cool Whip and sliced bananas. Then pour the filling into the pie.
- Chill at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with the remaining cool whip (or whipped cream) and fresh bananas.
Now somebody give me a gigantic fork so I can dig right into this easy banana cream pie! Yum!