This no-bake chocolate lasagna has layers of crushed Oreos, cream, chocolate pudding and chocolate chips! Does it get any better than that?!
Table of Contents
Favorite Oreo Dessert
I love chocolate! There’s no denying that. I’m excited to share this chocolate lasagna recipe with you. I tried this many years ago and finally recreated it. It was so unbelievably easy to make and absolutely delicious!
One of my favorite things about this Oreo lasagna is that it requires absolutely no baking! I love easy no-bake desserts when I’m short on time and want to whip something up quick.
Each layer in this chocolate lasagna is just heavenly. It almost reminds of my Oreo ice cream cake and the chocolate lasagna from Olive Garden but in my opinion, better! This recipe is definitely a must try for all you chocolate lovers out there!
- Oreos: Make sure to use the regular Oreos (not double stuffed).
- Butter: I prefer to use salted butter for this recipe.
- Cream cheese: This will make the filling super creamy. Make sure it’s softened.
- Sugar: Helps sweeten the cream cheese layer.
- Milk: This will help give the cream cheese filling a good consistency that will spread.
- Cool whip: This helps to stabilize the filling. Feel free to make homemade cool whip.
- Chocolate pudding: This adds the perfect chocolate touch to this dessert.
- Mini chocolate chips: These are optional, but I love to add something to the top. You can use chocolate chips, chocolate shavings or crushed Oreos.
How to Make Chocolate Lasagna
- Oreo crust layer. A simple combination of crushed Oreos and butter make the perfect Oreo crust for this dessert. Just press the mixture into the bottom of a greased baking dish and chill it in the fridge for 5 minutes to set.
- Cream layer. This layer tastes similar to cheesecake and is creamy and smooth. Whip your cream cheese until fluffy, then stir in milk and sugar. Then fold in a cup of cool whip to give it a lighter consistency. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the Oreo cookie crust and chill in fridge for 5 more minutes.
- Chocolate pudding layer. Whisk together the pudding mix and milk until thick. Then spread over cream layer and refrigerate until the pudding sets, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cool whip layer. Spread on the remaining cool whip over the pudding and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Chill in fridge for 3-4 hours before serving.
It’s important to use instant chocolate pudding mix and not the Cook & Serve variety. Instant pudding does not need to be cooked prior to using (you just simply mix with cold milk), however Cook & Serve pudding does need to be heated on the stove first before using.
Regular Oreos work best in this recipe. I do not recommend using Double Stuff Oreos because the double cream center creates a greasy, moisture-filled crust. You could experiment using mint or peanut butter flavored Oreos for a fun twist!
Sure! Whipped cream makes a great substitute for cool whip and can be used interchangeably in this recipe. If you’re feeling fancy, try making a homemade whipped cream or even a stabilized whipped cream if you plan to make the recipe ahead of time.
Yes, cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Let thaw on counter to soften before serving.
Sure! If making a chocolate lasagna trifle, there will be no need for an Oreo crust (so no butter needed). Just roughly chop the Oreos into bite-size pieces, then layer them into the bottom of the trifle dish, followed by the cream and pudding. Repeat all 3 layers until the trifle dish is filled to the top!
Tips for the Best Oreo Lasagna
- Keep the cream in the center of the Oreo cookies. Using a blender or food processor is the easiest way to crush them into fine cookie crumbs.
- Soften the cream cheese at room temperature before mixing the cream filling so that it gets nice and fluffy.
- The pudding consistency should be thick. Make sure it has time to set in the fridge so it doesn’t run!
- After you add a layer, chill the dessert in the fridge for about 5 to 10 minutes before adding the next one on top.
- I’d recommend keeping this dish in the fridge as long as possible before serving. I like to pull it out right before serving.
- We always top our chocolate lasagna with mini chocolate chips, but more crushed Oreos would taste fantastic too.
Making in Advance
This chocolate lasagna dessert can easily be made 24 hours in advance. The longer it sits the softer the Oreo crust will become, so I don’t like to prep it more than 48 hours ahead of time.
Another option is to prepare the crust and keep the remaining layers separate. Then assemble the dessert when you’re ready to chill and serve.
5 star review
“This came out perfect! My grandmother used to make something so similar when I was younger. It brought back great memories! I even added some Hershey kisses and s’mores pretzels on the top! So good! Thanks for sharing this recipe!”– Amber
More Easy Dessert RecipesBrowse all
- 36 regular Oreo's
- 6 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip , divided
- 2 (3.9-ounce) packages dry chocolate instant pudding
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- Mini chocolate chips , optional
- Crushed Oreo's , optional
- In a food processor or blender, blend Oreo's (whole cookies) into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and mix until combined. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9×13-inch dish and place in the freezer or the refrigerator 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip the cream cheese until fluffy with an electric mixer. Add in the sugar and milk. Mix until combined. Stir in 1 cup Cool Whip, then spread the mixture lightly over the crust. Place in the freezer or fridge for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the pudding and cold milk together until thick. Once thickened, spread over the top of the cream cheese layer. Place back in the fridge for another 5 to 10 minutes to allow pudding to set.
- Once pudding has set, spread the remaining Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with chocolate chips or crushed Oreo's. Store in the refrigerator 2 to 3 hours. Slice just before serving and enjoy while cold.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!