A delicious banana split dessert layered with a graham cracker crust, cream cheese filling, fresh bananas, strawberries and topped with a homemade whipped cream. This easy no-bake dessert is perfect to cool off with this summer!
Table of Contents
Frozen Banana Split Dessert
This dessert is a fun spin on the old fashioned banana split. It has all the same flavors, but is served in “cake” form rather than the classic sundae. It’s the perfect refreshing summer dessert for a crowd and is a great dish to bring to a BBQ.
I’m a huge fan of no-bake desserts in the summer time and this banana split dessert is at the top of my list. This recipe is the perfect way to transform the beloved sundae into a delicious dessert for a crowd. It has everything you love about an old fashioned banana split, plus some!
It’s layered with a buttery graham cracker crust, pineapple cream cheese filling, fresh strawberries and bananas and homemade whipped cream. Then finished off with the traditional toppings like chocolate syrup, chopped nuts and maraschino cherries. Talk about a flavor party in your mouth!
3 Delicious Layers
CRUST. The dessert starts off with a delicious graham cracker crust made with a mixture of graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Once combined, you’ll press the crust evenly into the bottom of a greased 9×13″ baking dish. I like to chill my crust in the fridge for a few minutes to help it set.
FILLING. Next comes the filling that’s a mixture of softened cream cheese, drained pineapple and sugar. Mix it together with a hand mixer, then pour on top of the crust. Then add a layer of fresh sliced bananas and strawberries.
TOPPING. Homemade whipped cream is the final layer. Beat together the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Make sure to freeze your bowl and beaters for about 10 minutes prior to help the peaks form faster. Then spread the whipped cream evenly on top of the fresh fruit. Chill the dessert until ready to serve.
Right before serving, add all your favorite banana split toppings! You can add them on top of the whole dish, or garnish each individual slice after it’s been plated.
- Hot fudge or chocolate syrup
- Chopped nuts
- Maraschino cherries (stemless)
- More fresh sliced or caramelized bananas
- Toasted coconut
Tips for Success
- It’s very important to grease the dish. The crust will stick to the bottom if you don’t.
- Place your mixing bowl and beaters for the whipped cream in the freezer. This helps the soft peaks form faster and gives it a fluffy consistency.
- Soft peaks will take about 5 minutes to form when making the whipped topping. You can tell they’ve formed when you turn off your mixer, pull the beaters straight up out of the whipping cream, and there will be peaks that form points that curl back into the bowl and begin to slowly sink back down into the bowl.
- If you plan to use banana slices to garnish the top of the dessert, the pineapple juice from the crushed pineapple can be reserved and used to deter the bananas from browning.
- If some strawberries poke through the whipped cream layer, they can be covered up by the addition of garnishes.
- When serving, use a spatula or serving utensil that is the size of the piece you are serving to help hold the piece together.
More Easy No-Bake Desserts
Banana Split Dessert Recipe
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup unsalted butter , melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese , softened (two 8 ounce packages)
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple , drained
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces strawberries , hulled and sliced
- 3 bananas , sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional garnishes: chocolate syrup, chopped walnuts, maraschino cherries, additional sliced bananas and strawberries
- Grease a 9×13" baking dish with butter or cooking spray and place a medium mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir graham cracker crumbs and sugar together. Add melted butter and stir until combined. Press into the bottom of the baking dish. Place the dish in the refrigerator or freezer to help the crust set.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the softened cream cheese, drained pineapple and sugar. Remove the baking dish from the freezer and spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Place the banana slices evenly in a single layer on top of the cream cheese mixture. Add a strawberry slice on top of each banana slice.
- Remove the mixing bowl and beaters from the freezer. Beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Spread over the strawberry and banana layer.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving, sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Then top each individual serving with a maraschino cherry. Additional banana slices and strawberry slices may also be used for garnishes. You may also choose to garnish each individual serving after it is plated.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!