Blackberry Cheesecake Bars – Made with a delicious sugar cookie crust, cream cheese filling and blackberry topping. An incredibly easy dessert to make and seriously divine. These cheesecake bars will become a new favorite!
I love to bake fresh fruit desserts, especially in the Summer when so many fruits are in season. These blackberry cheesecake bars are one of my top fruit dessert recipes to make, along with fresh fruit tarts, fruit pizza and mini raspberry bundt cakes.
I absolutely love blackberries and somehow often forget about them. So this blackberry cheesecake bars recipe is a great way to incorporate fresh blackberries and tastes amazing! To make the cheesecake bars recipe a little easier, I used a pre-made sugar cookie crust and then spread on a creamy cheesecake filling and fresh blackberry topping. So easy and tasty.
This blackberry bars recipe is definitely one you’ll want to save for later! It almost reminds me of fruit pizza, but also a no bake cheesecake. It’s the perfect mix of the two. This dessert is light, refreshing and will soon become one of your favorites!
Blackberry cheesecake bars layers
Sugar cookie crust: To make the cheesecake bars recipe a little easier, I used store bought sugar cookie dough. You could definitely make your own though. Check out my favorite homemade sugar cookie recipe.
Cheesecake filling: The cheesecake filling for the blackberry bars is rich, creamy and tastes absolutely delicious. Once made, you’ll want to spread it on top of the bars and let it freeze for about 15 minutes so that it sets.
Blackberry filling: The filling is super simple and is made up of just blackberries, sugar and water. I love the addition of the blackberries, but you could really use any fruit of choice.
Can I freeze blackberry cheesecake bars?
These delicious cheesecake bars can absolutely be frozen. Just place each blackberry bar in an individual ziploc bag and freeze. When ready to eat, remove from freezer to thaw and enjoy!
How to make blackberry cheesecake
Really, all you need to do is bake your sugar cookie crust (you could totally make yours homemade, but I was going for quick), mix up the cream cheese filling and then swirl in the blackberry sauce. It’s as simple as that! Scroll down for the printable blackberry cheesecake bars recipe.
Ways to modify cheesecake bars
Make your own sugar cookie dough: If you prefer homemade sugar cookie dough over store bought, try making this delicious cookie dough recipe.
Add lemon: Lemons and blackberries pair very well together. The lemon adds a hint of citrus and gives a nice contrast to the tartness of the blackberries in the cheesecake bars.
Swap the berries: No blackberries on hand? These cheesecake bars would taste great using strawberries, blueberries or raspberries.
Graham cracker crust: Using graham crackers to make the crust would be just as delicious. It’s super easy…just follow the instructions for the crust in this no bake cheesecake recipe.
Toppings: Don’t forget your toppings! Top with a dollop of whipped cream, some additional fresh blackberries and even a basil leaf or fresh lemon wedge.
Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
- 16 ounces sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese , at room temp
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9″ pan with non-stick foil. Then evenly press the cookie dough into the pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes clean. Allow to cool. You can place in the freezer for 15 minutes to help it cool faster.
- For the cream cheese filling, add the heavy cream in a mixing bowl and beat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until a whisk forms. Then beat in the cream cheese and mix until smooth. Next add the sugar, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy. Then spread over the top of the sugar cookie. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- For the blackberry filling, combine the blackberries, sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Break down the blackberries with the back of your spoon.
- Next, add spoonfuls of the blackberry filling on top the cheesecake filling. Then swirl using a knife to get the marble effect. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours before cutting.
- Once cut into bars, you can add a blackberry on top. Store in the refrigerator.
These blackberry cheesecake bars are the perfect light and fresh dessert. Enjoy! :)