This graham cracker crust is made with 3 ingredients in less than 20 minutes! Delicious buttery taste with golden brown edges. So easy to make and way better than store-bought!
I love graham cracker crusts because they’re so versatile and can be used year round. Like in the summer to make key lime pie or in the winter for 7-layer bars. You can even use different types of graham crackers too, like chocolate or cinnamon. So easy to make and always tastes great!
I enjoy making a homemade pie crust every now and then, but sometimes I need an easier alternative that’s quicker and equally as delicious. This graham cracker crust is just that! It’s made in less than 20 minutes and only takes 3 ingredients. Plus it’s still homemade and tastes way better than store-bought!
Making your own graham cracker crumbs
You can absolutely make your own graham cracker crumbs in a blender. Just add the crackers to your blender and pulse a few times until the consistency is fine and crumb-like. You can also make them in the food processor by using this same method (I like this blender and food processor from Amazon).
This recipe calls for 1.5 cups crumbs, so you’ll need about 10 to 12 whole graham crackers. I would start with 10 crackers, pulse them in your blender or food processor, then add them to your measuring cup. If the crumbs are not quite 1.5 cups, continue pulsing 1/2 graham cracker at a time until the full amount is reached.
If you’re in a pinch, you can always just buy these pre-made graham cracker crumbs from Amazon instead. They eliminate an extra step and make the recipe even quicker to make.
How to make graham cracker crust
This recipe takes less than 20 minutes to make, which is always a win in my book. To get started, simply follow the steps below. Scroll down for the printable recipe card.
- MIX all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- PRESS mixture into a 9 inch pie plate or springform pan. Then use bottom of a 1/4 measuring cup to firmly press the crumbs into the pan. Use fingers to firmly press on the sides.
- BAKE at 375°F for 6-8 minutes. If using for another recipe, bake as directed. If using for a no-bake dessert, allow crust to cool before filling.
Tips for making the crust stick together
The melted butter is the ingredient that helps hold the crust together. When you mix the crumbs, sugar and butter in your bowl, it will make a thick mixture that’s easy to mold to your pie plate or pan.
Using the bottom of a measuring cup
The main key to making your graham cracker crust stick together is using the bottom of a measuring cup to firmly press the crumbs into your pan. This is what creates that perfect crust consistency and compacts all the crumbs together. Just be sure to smooth out any bumps and create an even surface!
Can you make it ahead of time?
Sure. If making ahead of time, let cool completely and then wrap in aluminum foil or plastic wrap until ready to use. If making a no-bake dessert, I like to make my graham cracker crust a couple of hours ahead of time anyways. This gives it plenty of time to cool so that the crust is no longer warm when adding the filling.
More ways to use the crust:
- S’mores pie
- Cherry cheesecake dip
- Chocolate silk pie (use chocolate graham crackers)
- Strawberry pie
- Mini s’mores cups
Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter , melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the graham crackers, sugar and butter in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into a 9 inch pie plate or springform pan. Use the bottom of a 1/4 measuring cup to press the crumbs firmly into the pan. Use your fingers to press firmly on the sides.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. If using for another recipe, bake as directed. If using for a no-bake dessert, allow crust to cool before filling.