This graham cracker crust is made with 3 ingredients in less than 20 minutes! Delicious buttery taste with golden brown edges. So easy to make and way better than store-bought!
Table of Contents
Perfect Graham Cracker Crust
I love graham cracker crusts because they’re so versatile and can be used year round. Like in the summer to make key lime pie or in the winter for 7-layer bars. You can even use different types of graham crackers too, like chocolate or cinnamon. So easy to make and always tastes great!
Graham cracker crusts are SO easy to make and can be used for all types of desserts! I especially love to use them for pies (baked or no-bake), like banana cream pie and no-bake cheesecakes.
I enjoy making a homemade pie crust every now and then, but sometimes I need an easier alternative that’s quicker and equally as delicious. This graham cracker crust is just that! It’s made in less than 20 minutes and only takes 3 ingredients. Plus it’s still homemade and tastes way better than store-bought!
Just 3 Ingredients
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Graham cracker crumbs: I love the flavor of graham crackers as a crust and they act as a perfect base with very little help. Either buy store-bought or make your own (see notes below).
- Sugar: Just a little extra sweetness never hurt, but the sugar also helps the butter bind the crumbs together as it bakes.
- Salted butter: This is the binder that helps hold the crust together, and the salt adds a nice balance to the sugar. You can use unsalted butter, if you prefer, but I might add just a pinch of salt for flavor.
How to Make Graham Cracker Crust
This recipe takes less than 20 minutes to make, which is always a win in my book. To get started, simply follow the steps below. Scroll down for the printable recipe card.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate or springform pan. Then use bottom of a 1/4 measuring cup to firmly press the crumbs into the pan. Use fingers to firmly press on the sides.
- Bake at 375°F for 6-8 minutes. If using for another recipe, bake as directed. If using for a no-bake dessert, allow crust to cool before filling.
Tips for Making the Crust Stick Together
The melted butter is the ingredient that helps hold the crust together. When you mix the crumbs, sugar and butter in your bowl, it will make a thick mixture that’s easy to mold to your pie plate or pan.
Using the bottom of a measuring cup
The main key to making your graham cracker pie crust stick together is using the bottom of a measuring cup to firmly press the crumbs into your pan. This is what creates that perfect crust consistency and compacts all the crumbs together. Just be sure to smooth out any bumps and create an even surface!
Making your own Graham Cracker Crumbs
You can absolutely make your own graham cracker crumbs in a blender. Just add the crackers to your blender and pulse a few times until the consistency is fine and crumb-like. You can also make them in the food processor by using this same method (I like this blender and food processor from Amazon). Another option is to place the graham cracker cookies in a plastic bag and roll with a rolling pin until you get fine crumbs.
This recipe calls for 1.5 cups crumbs, so you’ll need about 10 to 12 whole graham crackers. I would start with 10 crackers, pulse them in your blender or food processor, then add them to your measuring cup. If the crumbs are not quite 1.5 cups, continue pulsing 1/2 graham cracker at a time until the full amount is reached.
If you’re in a pinch, you can always just buy these pre-made graham cracker crumbs from Amazon instead. They eliminate an extra step and make the recipe even quicker to make.
Sure. If making ahead of time, let cool completely and then wrap in aluminum foil or plastic wrap until ready to use. If making a no-bake dessert, I like to make my graham cracker crust a couple of hours ahead of time anyways. This gives it plenty of time to cool so that the crust is no longer warm when adding the filling.
That’s the beauty of this recipe. It’s completely up to you! I typically use the honey graham crackers since they taste great with so many different fillings, but cinnamon can be great with apple fillings and chocolate is a favorite for this Reese’s No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
Storing + Freezing
Storage: Keep the prepared crust in its pie dish in the refrigerator up to 3 days before filling.
Freezer: Freeze the prepared crust in its pie pan up to 3 months. Thaw before using.
More Ways to use the Crust
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
- 1 ½ cups finely crushed graham crackers (10-12 graham crackers)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter , melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the graham crackers, sugar, and butter until well combined.
- In a 9-inch pie plate or springform pan, pour the crumb mixture and firmly press into the bottom using a 1/4 measuring cup. Use your fingers to press the crumb mixture firmly onto the sides.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes. If using for another recipe, bake as directed. If using for a no-bake dessert, allow crust to cool before filling.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Good but I used vanilla wafers for crust
I can already think of at least a dozen fillings I want to put into this delicious crust!
One of our go-to crust! It’s so easy to make and comes together quickly!
I used this recipe to make a cheesecake and it was perfect! Thanks!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it!