Welcome to the Crazy Christmas event! If you’re new here, join us on Facebook and Pinterest. Now let’s give Bettijo and Aimee from Paging Supermom a big welcome! We’re so happy to have you guest posting!
Hello! It’s Bettijo and Aimée here to share a fun winter-time treat. We really love popcorn and peppermint, and so we couldn’t help creating a tasty treat that combines the two!
Most Candy Cane Popcorn recipes we’ve seen use white chocolate, but we wanted something that was more buttery like true popcorn, so our recipe is more savory-sweet similar to kettle corn, and it is amazingly delicious accented by the bright peppermint flavor. Plus it’s crazy easy to whip up a batch of this Candy Cane Popcorn, which makes it the perfect treat to give to neighbors or as a hostess gift this holiday season.
We filled the Candy Cane Popcorn into these adorable red containers perfect for gifting. Download and print our free printable Candy Cane Popcorn gift labels to seal up your jars and then they’re ready to give.
Be sure to transfer the popcorn before it cools and hardens. This batch filled two containers perfectly so try not to snitch too much… if you can help it!
Candy cane popcorn gift tags
Candy Cane Popcorn
- 2 sticks Butter
- 22 Half a Bag of Large Marshmallows about 22
- 3 bags of Microwave Popcorn
- 1/2 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 4 Candy Canes crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Begin by melting the butter and marshmallows together in a large pan. While the mixture is melting, get your popcorn popping (be sure to check out our Microwave Popcorn Trick!) Next crush up the candy canes — the kids love to help with this part. By the way, if you don’t have Peppermint Extract try making it with double the amount of candy canes.
- Once marshmallows are completely melted turn off the heat and add peppermint extract, candy canes and salt. Stir to combine then gradually add in the popped popcorn. Be sure not to let any unpopped kernels into the pot (nobody wants a chipped tooth!). Stir gently until popcorn is evenly coated. Eat warm or cool — either way it’s delicious.