This peppermint bark popcorn is an easy and delicious treat for the holidays! Perfectly salty and sweet with the best peppermint flavor.
One of my family’s favorite traditions is making popcorn and having a movie night. We LOVE any kind of popcorn and end up doing this at least twice a month. There are many fun variations you can make, like my favorite microwave caramel corn, cake batter popcorn and cookies and cream popcorn.
Today’s chocolate peppermint bark popcorn is a new favorite holiday treat. I absolutely love peppermint bark, so this recipe marries two of my favorites together into one amazing combination.
And let me tell you…it is delicious! The salty popcorn paired with the sweet chocolate and crushed peppermint is just magical. What flavor dreams are made of!
This treat also makes a great gift and is so cute all packaged up. This stuff is seriously addicting, so I had to get it out of my house quick before I ate the whole batch. It is THAT good!
Only 5 ingredients!
- Popped popcorn
- Candiquik (or white chocolate)
- Peppermint kisses (or Andes peppermint crunch)
- Milk chocolate chips (or melting candy)
- Crushed candy canes
How to make peppermint bark popcorn
Melt the white chocolate. Add candiquik (or white chocolate) to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on medium for 1 minute. Stir and then heat in 30 second increments until completely melted.
Mix white chocolate and popcorn. Pour the popcorn into a large bowl, then add in melted white chocolate and crushed peppermint. Make sure everything is completely coated, then pour onto wax paper.
Melt and drizzle milk chocolate. Melt the milk chocolate using the same method as the white chocolate. Once completely melted and smooth, drizzle the milk chocolate over the popcorn. Then immediately sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.
Let cool and break into pieces. Allow the popcorn to cool completely, until the chocolate has hardened. Then break into pieces before enjoying.
Gifting this recipe
Here’s a cute way to package up the treat and hand it out to friends and neighbors. Just place it in a clear bag and tie on with ribbon and a Christmas tag. Cute, easy and inexpensive! And not to mention delicious. :)
This peppermint popcorn will keep for about 3-4 days at room temperature. Just make sure to store in an airtight container or bag so that it stays fresh. No one likes stale popcorn! ;)
More Christmas treats:
- Candy Cane Popcorn
- Peppermint Graham Cracker Toffee
- Caramel Popcorn Balls
- Mini Peppermint Cheesecakes
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
Peppermint Bark Popcorn
- 10 cups popped popcorn (I used skinny pop)
- 14 ounce package candiquik (or 1 1/2 cups white chocolate)
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint kisses or andes peppermint crunch , divided
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips or melting candy
- 2 crushed candy canes
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl. Place the white chocolate in the microwave on medium power for 1 minute. Stir and then add additional heating time in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until it is melted. Pour onto popcorn and add in the crushed peppermint.
- Stir all together and then pour over wax paper. Melt the milk chocolate chips in the microwave on medium power for 1 minute. Stir and then add additional heating time in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until it is melted. Drizzle over the popcorn. Sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the top.
- Allow to cool until the candy coating has hardened then break into pieces before packaging. Enjoy!