Caprese kabobs are an easy, no-cook, make-ahead and delicious appetizer for any party! Your guests will love these bite-sized caprese skewers filled with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and balsamic glaze.
Table of Contents
Caprese Salad Skewers
I love the flavors in a classic caprese salad. They taste amazing together and are so fresh and delicious. That’s why I love to create different variations with caprese flavors, like these fun skewers, caprese pasta, grilled caprese sandwich and caprese pasta salad.
These delicious caprese kabobs are a great appetizer idea for your next party! While I love the classic party appetizers like cheese balls, veggie cups and a charcuterie board, it’s fun to switch it up every now and then. And these caprese skewers are the perfect way to do that!
The skewers take minutes to put together and look so fancy on a white platter. Your guests will love these bite sized caprese kabobs filled with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and a balsamic glaze. YUM!
- Cherry tomatoes: I like to use cherry tomatoes because they are more round in size, but you can use grape tomatoes as well.
- Mozzarella balls: I prefer to use mozzarella balls because they are the perfect size! If you can’t find them, you can slice up a big ball of mozzarella instead.
- Fresh basil: I absolutely love the flavor that basil adds. These caprese skewers are the perfect way to use up fresh basil from your garden!
- Balsamic Glaze: I love to make my own balsamic glaze, but you can buy it at the store as well.
- Toothpicks: You can use any type of toothpick or mini skewers to make these caprese kabobs. These knotted cocktail skewers would be a fun addition.
How to Make Caprese Skewers
These caprese skewers are SO, so easy! They are one of my quick go-to appetizers to bring to a get-together. Scroll down for the printable recipe.
- Pierce with toothpick. Pierce tomato, mozzarella and basil through the toothpick.
- Sprinkle with S&P. Place on a plate and sprinkle salt and pepper over top.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Drizzle balsamic glaze over the skewers just before serving.
More Fun Kabob Appetizers
- 20 toothpicks
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 20 mozzarella balls
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Pierce the tomato, mozzarella and basil through the toothpick. Place on a plate and then sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the kabobs. Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the skewers just before serving.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the skewers just before serving.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!