Individual veggie cups are a great way to serve a crowd for a change from the usual veggie platter. An assortment of crisp colorful veggies divided into cups that hold your favorite dip is so much fun to eat!
Veggie Dip Cups
Veggie dip cups for parties are especially handy because they’re easy to handle, as any mini appetizer should be. They’re virtually mess-free, and for kids especially, there’s no fear of the dreaded double-dip. It’s easy to prepare and totally flexible too!
Veggie cups are always a hit no matter the occasion and honestly, not just for the kids. Baby showers, wedding showers, birthday parties, holiday parties, they’ll fit in anywhere.
Of course, my kids do love them as healthy snacks, though, mostly because they’ll dip anything in a yummy dip. I call that a win!
How to Prepare Veggie Cups
- Grab the plastic cups (I just think clear cups look great, but you can use whatever you’ve got) and add 1 1/2 – 2 Tablespoons of dip to the bottom of each cup.
- Wash and dry your veggies and peel the necessary ones.
- Slice them into thin veggie sticks and skewer the cherry tomatoes with a toothpick.
- Divide the veggies evenly into each of the little cups. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve them.
Use this recipe as a guide. It’s easy to switch up the dips and use whatever veggies float your boat! You’ll find more inspiration below.
The Veggie Options are Endless!
- Swap the cherry tomatoes for grape tomatoes.
- You can also add cucumber slices instead of or along with the celery sticks.
- Radishes for a crunch. You could slice them very thin and add them to the skewers as well.
- Broccoli would also be great.
- For convenience use baby carrots instead of cutting carrot sticks.
Favorite Dips to Use
You can stick with one kind or use a few different types and have people pick and choose what they’d like. I prefer to make mine homemade, but you can always use your favorite store-bought dips and dressings.
More Mini Appetizers:
- 8 ounce plastic cups
- bamboo skewers
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups dill dip , see notes below
- 2 cups snap peas
- 3 bell peppers , sliced
- 6 stalks celery , sliced
- 4 carrots , peeled and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Mix together the dip ingredients if making homemade. Then place about 1 1/2 – 2 Tablespoons in the bottom of each cup.
- Slice your vegetables into thin slices.
- Thread the tomatoes onto toothpicks or bamboo skewers.
- Divide the vegetables between all 12 cups. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.