Grilled Fruit Kabobs with a Cinnamon Honey Glaze – So fresh, easy and delicious! These are the perfect healthy side dish or appetizer for any meal and will be a hit with the entire family.
If you’re looking for an easy side dish to serve at your next BBQ or simply a yummy summer snack, I’ve got you covered with these grilled fruit kabobs. The best thing about the fruit kabobs is that you can use whatever fruit you have on hand. Pineapple, watermelon and peaches tend to hold their shape the best, but any fruit would taste delicious. The cinnamon honey glaze is what really takes the grilled fruit over the top! It adds the perfect amount of sweetness. The fresh basil also adds a nice touch. My family loves this grilled fruit kabob recipe…we eat them all Summer long!
These fruit kabobs are my favorite to make when it’s just my little family hangout out in the backyard. Some of my favorite nights are when we have absolutely no dinner plans. The kids love running around outside, playing in the sprinklers and swinging on the trees. When the weather is nice out, we’ll be outside for hours. Then before you know it, it’s dinner time and my kids are starving.
When that happens, I like to see what produce we have in the fridge and grill it with our favorite hotdogs. So simple, fresh, and delicious!
We love serving Hebrew National hotdogs because they taste amazing, are made with premium cuts of Kosher beef and everyone always loves them. It’s also something we always have in the refrigerator, so it’s easy to pull out when we want to grill last minute. We definitely love going all out for BBQ’s with tons of sides and doing a hot dog topping bar when we are hosting friends and family, but most of the time it’s so nice to just pull out a few things and get grilling.
How to make kabobs
Basically all you need to do to make these fruit kabobs is chop the fruit into about 2-inch pieces. Then thread the fruit through your skewers. Next, place them on the grill over med-low heat and cook each side for about 2 to 4 minutes, or until grill marks have started to form.
Remove fruit kabobs onto the pan and then drizzle the honey glaze (honey, lemon juice and cinnamon) over the top of the grilled fruit.
Love these fruit kabobs? You’ll like these other grilling recipes too:
- Grilled BBQ chicken foil dinner
- Greek Chicken Burger Recipe
- Lemon Tarragon Grilled Chicken
- Easy Steak Marinade
Grilled Fruit Kabobs with a Cinnamon Honey Glaze
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Pineapple
- 1/2 cup Watermelon
- 1/2 cup Peaches
- Optional: Strawberries grapes, bananas, kiwi
- 6 Skewers
- Combine the honey, lemon juice and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir until combined. Microwave for 5 to 10 seconds if the honey is too thick. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium-low heat.
- Chop the fruit into about 2-inch pieces. Then thread the fruit through your skewers. Transfer onto a baking sheet.
- Place on the kabobs on the grill and cook each side for about 2 to 4 minutes, or until grill marks have started to form. Be careful not to burn the fruit.