This no churn chocolate ice cream is rich, creamy, ultra chocolatey and takes only 4 ingredients to make. The perfect dessert to cool off with this summer!
As soon as I made my easy no churn vanilla ice cream with berries, I knew I needed a chocolate version. Queue this easy recipe! Absolutely no churning required and it takes only 10 minutes to prep. My family LOVED this delicious treat!
Now that summer is in full swing, my kids have been playing hard outside. They come inside hot and begging for popsicles or ice cream. I like to keep a big bag of popsicles in the outside freezer and a batch of ice cream inside. I don’t always share the homemade ice cream, but my kids are always so happy when I do. ;)
This recipe is made with a delicious milk base. We drink a lot of milk around our house and during the summer we love to make frozen desserts with chocolate milk. It’s so easy, that even my kids can make it. Win!
No churning required!
This is a no churn recipe, so you won’t need to pull out your ice cream machine, ice or salt for this one. All you need is an electric mixer and mixing bowl…that’s it! It only takes 10 minutes to prep, then just let it freeze until the mixture is set. Seriously so easy. If you’re looking for more of a traditional recipe made in an ice cream maker, this recipe has great reviews!
4 simple ingredients
- Heavy cream
- Chocolate milk
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
How to make chocolate ice cream
- MIX. Chill your bowl and then beat the heavy cream on high speed until a peak has formed. Then slowly add in the chocolate milk with the beaters still running.
- FOLD. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder and any mix in’s. You can leave it plain of course as well.
- FREEZE. Pour into a 2 quart container. Freeze until set (about 4 to 5 hours).
Different mix-in’s to add
You can enjoy it plain, or add different mix-in’s. Start with about 1/2 cup of any of the below, then add more if desired.
- Crushed Oreo’s
- Chocolate chips
- Crushed Reese’s
- Crushed M&M’s
- Edible cookie dough pieces
- Brownie pieces
For more frozen desserts, check out:
Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 pint heavy cream (2 cups)
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Optional mix in's (start with 1/2 cup): crushed OREO's, Reese's, M&M's
- In a large chilled bowl, beat the heavy cream on high speed until a peak has formed (about 3-5 minutes). Once a peak forms, slowly add in the chocolate milk with the beaters still running.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder and any mix in's.
- Pour into a 9x9" pan or 2 quart container. Freeze until set (about 4 to 5 hours). Allow to soften slightly on the counter. Scoop and serve!