Easy homemade brownies that are fudgy, moist and will literally melt in your mouth. All you need is one bowl and a whisk to make the best brownies that are exploding with chocolate flavor!
If you’ve followed me for awhile, you know my chocolate caramel brownies have been a longstanding favorite of mine. They use a box mix and are so gooey and delicious. But I think these homemade brownies from scratch may be the new winner. They are seriously divine!
I’ve been on the hunt for a better than box brownie for years! My family loves the Ghiradelli brownie from the box mix and I’ve been determined to make a from scratch version. This recipe comes pretty darn close and my husband even declared them the BEST EVER!
This recipe is so simple to make and is ready in under 30 minutes. All you need is one bowl and a whisk. It uses pantry staple ingredients and I bet you have everything on hand to make them. I cannot wait for you to try them!
I absolutely love these warm fresh out of the oven, but try to resist cutting into them too soon as you don’t want them to fall apart. These brownies literally melt in your mouth and are exploding with chocolate flavor. Grab a glass of milk and dig in!
How to make brownies from scratch
MIX. Whisk together the melted butter, oil and both sugars in a large bowl. Next whisk in the eggs and vanilla for about 1 minute. Stir in the flour, cocoa powder and salt until just barely combined. Do not over mix. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
BAKE. Pour the batter into a parchment lined 8×8″pan and bake at 350°F for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
COOL. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Use the edges of the parchment paper to lift the brownies from the pan and move to a cooling rack. Once cooled, use a plastic knife to cut into 16 squares.
- Make sure to use hot melted butter to help create the crackly top.
- Make sure to whisk the eggs really well before adding the flour.
- Do not over mix after the flour has been added, this would create a more dense, cake-like brownie.
- Use high quality chocolate for ultimate flavor.
- Add a few extra chocolate chips on top of the batter to make the brownies extra pretty.
- Try to resist cutting them straight out of the oven, or else they’ll fall apart.
- Feel free to double the recipe and pour in a 9×13″ pan. They may need to bake a few minutes longer.
Wait until the brownies have cooled completely, then cut into squares. Wrap the individual brownies tightly in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag or container and store in the freezer. The brownies will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, unwrap and let thaw at room temperature for a few hours.
More easy brownie recipes:
- Frosted fudge brownies
- Peanut butter brownies
- Chocolate mint brownies
- Cheesecake brownies
- M&M brownies
Easy Brownie Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup (198 g) white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (45 g) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (65 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (45 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher sea salt , can sub for regular salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips , optional but recommended
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 8x8" pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with non-stick spray. I like to leave enough parchment paper to easily lift them out.
- In a large bowl whisk the butter, vegetable oil, sugar and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk about a minute.
- Next add the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Stir just until barely combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Be careful to not over mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean. Be careful not to over bake.
- Allow to cool slightly in pan and then you can remove the brownies with the parchment paper to finish cooling. Once cooled, cut brownies into 16 squares with a plastic knife.