This No Churn Ice Cream recipe makes the creamiest ice cream and is made with only 3 ingredients! You will not believe how easy this mixed berry ice cream is to make. It’s the perfect summer treat!
Berry Ice Cream
One of my favorite things about summer is homemade ice cream. Ice cream has to be my all time favorite dessert and it’s always a toss up whether I’m going to go fruity or chocolate. :)
This no churn ice cream recipe is perfect for when you need a sweet treat and don’t want to pull out the ice cream maker and then run to the store for salt and ice. There’s no special equipment needed and you can make it right in your own freezer with just a hand mixer. It’s just as smooth and creamy as homemade ice cream too!
Homemade No Churn Ice Cream
To get started, all you need to do is beat the heavy cream for 5 minutes, or until a nice peak has formed. Then stir in the sweetened condensed milk.
Place the berries in a zip top bag (or pulse in a blender) and smash them with a rolling pin.
Then stir in the mixed berries and stir until combined. Seriously… look at all that berry goodness. I could just dive right in with a spoon and stop here.
Pour mixture into a 9×5 loaf pan or 9×9 pan. Place in the freezer for 4 to 5 hours, or until firm. Try to resist eating this yummy no churn ice cream right away! ;)
Toppings to add to no churn ice cream
This no churn ice cream could be made with any of your favorite toppings. Just mix 1 cup of your toppings right in the batter. I’m thinking for my next batch that I’m going to go with a chocolate flavor and mix in some Oreo’s or Reese’s peanut butter cups. :) So many possibilities! Here are a few ideas below.
- Still want a fruity taste but don’t have berries on hand? Try using fresh lemon juice and lemon zest instead. You can even try this lemonade ice cream recipe.
- Mint chocolate chip would be a great variation of this no churn ice cream. Just add in some mini chocolate chips and peppermint extract.
- Are you a coconut lover? This homemade no churn ice cream base would be perfect mixed with some cream of coconut and sweetened coconut flakes. You can even roast the coconut flakes if you’re feeling extra fancy. :)
- Try adding in some caramel swirls to the no churn ice cream. After adding in the caramel, you could even add in some sea salt sprinkles or some chocolate chunks or toasted pecans.
Berry Ice Cream Video
Love this no churn ice cream? You’ll like these other easy ice cream recipes too:
- EASY chocolate ice cream
- No churn S’mores ice cream
- Reese’s PB cup homemade ice cream
- Lemonade ice cream
- No churn strawberry pop-tart ice cream
No Churn Ice Cream with Berries
- 1 pint heavy cream (2 cups)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 1 cup mixed berries (or your favorite kind)
- In a large bowl , beat the heavy cream for 5 minutes or until a nice peak has formed. Then stir in the sweetened condensed milk. Place the berries in a zip top bag (or pulse in a blender) and smash them with a rolling pin. Then stir in the mixed berries and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9×5 loaf pan or 9×9 pan. Place in the freezer for 4 to 5 hours, or until firm.
- Allow berry ice cream to soften slightly on the counter, scoop and serve!
Allow berry ice cream to soften slightly on the counter, scoop and serve. YUM! So I’m curious… what’s your favorite ice cream topping?