This no churn ice cream recipe makes the creamiest ice cream and is made with only 3 ingredients. You won’t believe how easy it is to make!
Homemade ice cream is fun to make, but sometimes I don’t feel like getting out the ice cream machine. That’s why I love this easy no churn option. It tastes just as delicious and the consistency is spot on. No one will know you didn’t use a machine to make it!
One of my favorite things about summer is homemade ice cream. It has to be my all time favorite dessert and it’s always a toss up whether I’m going to go fruity or chocolate. :)
This recipe is perfect for when you need a sweet treat and don’t want to pull out the ice cream maker and then run to the store for salt and ice. There’s no special equipment needed and you can make it right in your own freezer with just a hand mixer. It’s just as smooth and creamy as homemade ice cream too!
How to make no churn ice cream
Beat the cream. To get started, all you need to do is beat the heavy cream for 5 minutes, or until a nice peak has formed. Then stir in the sweetened condensed milk.
Smash the berries. Place the berries in a zip top bag (or pulse in a blender) and smash them with a rolling pin.
Mix in the berries. Then stir in the mixed berries and stir until combined. Seriously…look at all that berry goodness. I could just dive right in with a spoon and stop here.
Pour and freeze. Pour mixture into a 9×5″ loaf pan or 9×9″ pan. Place in the freezer for 4 to 5 hours, or until firm. Try to resist eating this yummy treat right away! ;)
Other topping ideas
This recipe could be made with any of your favorite toppings. Just mix 1 cup of the toppings right in the batter. I’m thinking for my next batch that I’m going to go with a chocolate flavor and mix in some Oreo’s or Reese’s peanut butter cups. :) So many possibilities! Here are a few ideas below.
- Chocolate chips
- Lemon juice and zest
- Peppermint extract and mini chocolate chips
- Cream of coconut and sweetened coconut
- Caramel swirls and sea salt
- Toasted pecans
- Hot fudge
- Edible cookie dough
- Crushed Oreo’s or Reese’s
More helpful tips
Chill the bowl and beaters
To speed up the whipping process, I like to freeze my mixing bowl and beaters for about 10 minutes before mixing. This helps the cream peak faster.
The consistency is going to be hard after freezing for 4 to 5 hours. Let it soften a bit on the counter before scooping any out.
Run scoop under hot water
Run your scoop under hot water before using. The ice cream scoops out so much easier this way.
More frozen desserts for summer:
- EASY chocolate ice cream
- Classic banana split
- Strawberry ice cream
- Ice cream cake recipe
- Reese’s ice cream
No Churn Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 pint heavy cream (2 cups)
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup mixed berries (or your favorite mix in)
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream for 5 minutes or until a nice peak has formed. Then stir in the sweetened condensed milk. Place the berries in a zip top bag (or pulse in a blender) and smash them with a rolling pin. Then stir in the mixed berries and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9x5" loaf pan or 9x9" pan. Place in the freezer for 4 to 5 hours, or until firm.
- Allow to soften slightly on the counter, scoop and serve!