EASY Chocolate Ice Cream – This no churn chocolate ice cream is rich, creamy, ultra chocolatey and takes only 4 ingredients to make!
Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
Now that Summer is in full swing, my kids have been playing hard outside. They come inside hot and begging for popsicles or ice cream. I like to keep a big bag of popsicles in the outside freezer and a batch of ice cream inside. I don’t always share the homemade ice cream, but my kids are always so happy when I do. ;)
How to Make Chocolate Ice Cream
This recipe is seriously SO easy to make! It’s a no churn chocolate ice cream, so you won’t need to pull out your ice cream machine, ice or salt for this one. If you’re looking for more of a traditional chocolate ice cream made in an ice cream maker, this recipe has great reviews!
- Chill your bowl and then beat the heavy cream on high speed until a peak has formed. Once a peak has formed, slowly add in the chocolate milk with the beaters still running.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder and any mix in’s. You can leave it plain of course as well.
- Pour into a 2 quart container. Freezer until set (about 4 to 5 hours).
This chocolate ice cream is made with a delicious milk base. We drink a lot of milk around our house and during the Summer we love to make ice cream with chocolate milk. It’s so easy, that even my kids can make it. Win!
And not only is it super simple, but I also love the fact that my kids are getting their main key nutrients like calcium, vitamin D and potassium from the real dairy milk that it’s made with. Milk is such a simple and wholesome way to help kids get natural protein and balanced nutrition so that they grow up strong. I had no idea that more than half of kids over the age of 9 are missing out on key nutrients they need to grow. Milk is the number 1 food source of these key nutrients and can be easily offered with each meal or added to so many different recipes!
My kids already love milk, so it’s great that it’s not a battle that I have to fight with them. :)
Here are a few ways my family pours more milk:
- Offer milk with each meal
- Add milk to your morning oatmeal or cereal
- Pour milk into our smoothies
- Make homemade ice cream for a summer treat
Looking for more ice cream recipes? Check out:
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- No Churn Ice Cream with Berries
- Lemonade Ice Cream
- No Churn S’mores Ice Cream
Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
EASY Chocolate Ice Cream - This no churn chocolate ice cream is rich, creamy, ultra chocolatey and takes only 4 ingredients to make!
- 1 pint heavy cream (2 cups)
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Optional mix in's (start with 1/2 cup): crushed OREO's, Reese's, M&M's
In a large chilled bowl, beat the heavy cream on high speed until a peak has formed (about 3-5 minutes). Once a peak has formed, slowly add in the chocolate milk with the beaters still running.
Fold in the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder and any mix in's.
Pour into a 9x9 pan or 2 quart container. Freeze until set (about 4 to 5 hours). Allow to soften slightly on the counter. Scoop chocolate ice cream and serve!
This post was brought to you by Milk. For more information on how much milk your kids need and ideas for how to get it to them, visit PourMoreMilk.com.