This Valentine Chex Mix is made with just 5 simple ingredients. This is the perfect no-bake dessert recipe to have when you need a last minute dessert!
Easy Valentine Snack Mix
This Valentine white chocolate Chex mix is one of the easiest Valentine’s Day desserts! It’s a recipe that my kids love to make and a great dessert for little kids to help with. It would also be a great recipe to bring to a class party or package up for gifting.
For a variation on this snack mix you could drizzle melted chocolate over the top. For extra crunch you could also add in nuts or raisins. Another fun addition would be to add Valentine heart sprinkles. Make sure to add while the chocolate is still wet.
How to Make Valentine’s Chex Mix
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Combine. Add the cereal, pretzels and m&m’s into a large bowl.
- Melt. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate. Mix until smooth.
- Stir. Pour the white chocolate on top of the cereal and stir until well coated.
- Set. Pour the chex mix onto a piece of parchment paper and let set.
If you prefer milk chocolate over white, try making Valentine Chex muddy buddies instead. They’re made with the classic mixture of Chex cereal, chocolate chips, peanut butter and powdered sugar. Then mix in the festive Valentine M&M’s!
Gifting Valentine Chex Mix
This chex mix is perfect for gifting. Here are a few simple ideas for packaging.
- Place a cup or two in a clear plastic bag. Tie the bag with red ribbon or bakers twine.
- Have your kids write Valentine notes on a paper bag and add heart stamps or stickers. Then place the chex mix in the bag and staple together. You could also punch two holes in the top and thread a ribbons through the top.
- Add the mix to a small canister or box and add a bow on top.
- Allow Valentine chex mix to cool and harden before storing, so that it doesn’t stick together. You could place in the freezer to speed up the process. Once it has hardened, you can break the pieces apart.
- Once cooled, place in a zip top bag or covered container.
- Store on the counter for up to one week or place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Valentine’s Day Desserts:
- Valentine Cake Pops
- Easy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Red Velvet Brownies
- Valentine M&M Cookies
Valentine Chex Mix
- 3 cups Chex , rice or corn
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups pretzel sticks , broken in half
- 1 cup Valentine M&M's , more if desired
- 10 ounces white chocolate , I used Ghirardelli wafers
- heart sprinkles , optional
- Combine the Chex, Cheerios, pretzels and M&M's in a large bowl. Stir until combined.
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and then melt in 30 second increments (stirring in between). Do not overcook or it will burn.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the chex mix and stir until well coated. Add more m&m's right after stirring if desired.
- Then pour the chex onto a piece of parchment paper and allow to set until hardened (at least 15 minutes).
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!