This easy cinnamon roll monkey bread makes the perfect holiday breakfast! Rich and gooey cinnamon sugar biscuits topped with a sweet cinnamon roll frosting.
Table of Contents
A Fun Twist on Cinnamon Rolls
There’s nothing better than a piece of warm, gooey sticky bread. It’s soft, sweet and seriously divine. Although this cinnamon monkey bread is my favorite, my apple pull apart bread and caramel apple monkey bread are close seconds.
My kids love this cinnamon roll monkey bread, maybe even better than my homemade cinnamon rolls. This is much easier to make and delicious when you want something quick and easy!
This cinnamon roll monkey bread is perfect for special occasions, Sunday night treats and Christmas morning served along side fresh fruit and this breakfast casserole.
5 Simple Ingredients!
- Pillsbury Grands Cinnabon cinnamon rolls
- Brown sugar
How to Make Cinnamon Monkey Bread
Layer Biscuits in Pan
Start by making the cinnamon sugar mixture by combining both sugars and the cinnamon in a small bowl. Then remove the cinnamon rolls from the package and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
Lightly dip each biscuit piece in the melted butter, then dip in cinnamon sugar mixture until evenly coated. Then begin to layer the pieces into a generously greased 12-cup bundt pan.
Bake and Remove from Pan
Once all pieces are coated and layered in the bundt pan, place in oven and bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let the cinnamon monkey bread sit in the pan for about 10 minutes.
Then place a plate (or cake stand) on top of the bundt pan and quickly flip over. Gently tap on the counter to help release the bread from the pan.
Add the Frosting
Spoon the frosting from the cinnamon roll can into a zip top bag. Snip off one of the corners and drizzle the frosting on top of the monkey bread. Enjoy!
Tips and Substitutions
- Grease your bundt pan. The last thing you want is for all that delicious monkey bread to stick to the pan. Make sure to generously grease it with butter or nonstick spray. I also lightly flour the pan for easier removal.
- Shortcut for butter sugar mixture. I like to dip each piece in butter and sugar so they are all evenly coated. You could also mix the butter and sugar and pour over the biscuits in the bundt pan if you’re short on time.
- Add in mix-in’s. For even more depth, try adding in about 1/2 cup chopped nuts or raisins. Just sprinkle throughout while adding in the biscuit pieces.
- Sub with regular biscuits. If this recipe is too sweet for your preference, you can substitute the cinnamon rolls for regular biscuits to help cut some of the sweetness.
- Use a different pan. If you don’t have a bundt pan, there are plenty of other options to use. This recipe works great in a 9×13″ pan or 2 (8×4″) loaf pans. You can even use a muffin tin pan and place 3-4 pieces in each muffin well.
- Frosting. You can also make your own cinnamon roll frosting or even use a drippier cream cheese glaze if preferred.
More Cinnamon Desserts
Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread Recipe
- 2 (17.5) ounce cans Pillsbury Grands Cinnabon cinnamon rolls
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup salted butter , melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease a 12-cup bundt pan with butter or non-stick spray. Lightly flour if desired. Set aside. Stir together the brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Then lightly dip in butter and then dip in sugar mixture. Then layer the pieces in the bundt pan.
- Bake for for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean. Allow to sit in pan for 10 minutes. Then place a plate or cake stand on top of the pan and quickly flip. Then gently tap on the counter to release from the pan.
- Place the frosting from the can in a frosting or zip top bag. Cut the top off and then drizzle over the top of the monkey bread if desired.
- This recipe can be made with regular biscuits if you prefer it not as sweet.
- You can also add 1/2 chopped pecans, walnuts or raisins. Intermix while adding the biscuits.
- If you don’t have a bundt pan, you can make in a 9×13″ pan, 2 (8×4) loaf pans or place 3-4 pieces in a muffin tin pan.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!