Ooey gooey sticky bread filled with cinnamon sugared apples. This caramel apple monkey bread is perfect for entertaining and makes the best fall treat!
Table of Contents
Fall Twist on Monkey Bread
This easy monkey bread is such a fun fall treat. It’s one of my favorites to make when entertaining, along with brown bag apple pie, apple cheesecake pie and apple pull-apart bread with caramel icing.
If you’re a fan of monkey bread, you’re going to love this delicious caramel apple version! This is a classic recipe that I know many of you have, but I thought it would be fun to dress it up for fall using one of my favorite fruits to bake with…apples. It really takes the bread over the top!
It looks so pretty on a cake stand and is perfect for entertaining this fall. I served this treat up for some friends and they all loved it. The bites of pure apple caramel goodness are amazing…this is seriously one of the best fall apple desserts!
What is Monkey Bread?
Monkey bread (also known as sticky bread or bubble bread) is a pastry that’s made by baking numerous pieces of soft baked dough balls in a pan. Typically it’s soft, sweet and coated with a cinnamon sticky sauce.
This bread is absolutely divine and completely addicting! There are plenty of different flavor variations you can make, but this caramel apple monkey bread and cinnamon roll monkey bread are my favorites!
The best part about this caramel apple monkey bread recipe is that we use canned biscuits as the base, so there’s hardly any work required!
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Buttermilk biscuits: Using canned store-bought biscuits helps make this recipe super convenient. Pillsbury Grands-Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits are my favorite. Rhodes dinner rolls are another good option, however you’ll need to thaw them first before using.
- Butterscotch pudding: For the bold caramel flavor. Look for the Cook & Serve variety (not instant pudding mix).
- Butter: To grease the pan so there’s no sticking, as well as pour melted on top of the biscuits before going in the oven. I typically use salted butter to add more flavor.
- Apples: I recommend using varieties such as Granny Smith apples or Honeycrisp that are crisp, sweet and will hold their shape when baking.
- Brown sugar: For sweetness and more caramel flavor. Make sure it’s packed when measuring.
- Cinnamon: You can’t make caramel apple monkey bread without this warm fall spice!
Feel free to sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans in between the layers of biscuit dough for an added crunch. You can also add more fall spices, such as apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice for a bolder flavor.
How to Make Monkey Bread
This apple monkey bread is simple to make and is absolutely delicious. Follow the steps below to get started. Scroll down for the printable recipe.
- Prepare. Preheat oven to 325°F. Take stick of butter and grease bundt pan very generously. Pour butterscotch pudding mix in bundt pan coating evenly. Set aside
- Mix apples. Combine 3 Tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Add apples and coat.
- Fill dough. Open biscuits and flatten with hands then cut roll into halves. Place about 3-5 apple chunks in the center and fold the dough around the apple. Seal the dough by rolling into a ball. Repeat until all of the biscuits are filled. The place all of the biscuits into the bundt pan.
- Pour. Melt remaining butter then combine with 1/2 cup of brown sugar and mix. Pour melted butter and sugar mixture evenly on top of biscuits.
- Bake. Bake in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes or until the apples are cooked through. Tent foil over bread if it starts to brown.
- Flip. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan then place serving dish over top and flip the bread on top.
- Grease the bundt pan. I can’t stress this enough! You need to generously grease the pan with butter or cooking spray before adding in the biscuit dough. The last thing you want is for the monkey bread to stick to the pan, which can easily happen if it’s not greased well enough.
- Tent with foil. If you notice the bread is browning too fast in the oven, you can tent the top with foil so that it doesn’t burn as it continues baking.
- Let cool. Don’t try to immediately release the bread from the pan. It will need to cool in the pan for about 5 or so minutes so that it has some time to set. Then place a serving dish on top of the bundt pan and flip it over to release.
Doing some fall baking? Try making my favorite pumpkin cinnamon rolls or these easy cinnamon apple muffins.
More Fall Favorites
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
- 1 Bundt pan
- Softened salted butter , for the pan
- 1 (3.5-ounce) box Jell-O Cook & Serve Butterscotch Pudding
- ½ cup + 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar , divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups apples , chopped into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 (16.3-ounce) cans Pillsbury Grands-Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits , (you can also use Rhodes if they are thawed)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans , optional
- ½ cup (1 stick) melted salted butter
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Butter a Bundt pan very generously.
- Sprinkle pudding mix evenly in the Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix 3 Tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon. Add apples and toss to coat.
- Flatten individual biscuits with your hands then cut each into halves. Spoon 3 to 5 apples in the center and fold dough around the apples. Seal the dough by rolling into a ball. Repeat until all of the biscuits are filled. Place balls into the Bundt pan. Add nuts in between balls, if using.
- In a small bowl, mix butter with remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar. Pour evenly over the top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until the apples are cooked through. Tent foil over the bread if it starts to brown. Let cool 5 minutes in pan before placing a serving dish over top and flipping the monkey bread to release from the pan.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
AMAZING. One of my all time favorite fall desserts! SO good!!
I have been making Monkey bread since I was very young! Caramel apple monkey bread is out of this world! So SO SO good!! YUM!!
Apples and caramel are our family’s favorite, so I made Caramel Apple Monkey Bread last Sunday and it was a hit! This is a new go-to dessert recipe! Highly recommended!
I’m so happy to hear it was a hit with your family!
Do you make the pudding with milk and then pour it into the bundt pan or do you sprinkle the dry butter scotch pudding in the pan and ad the remaining ingerdients?
Just the dry butterscotch mix. :)
I love this monkey bread for a holiday breakfast or when hosting overnight guests!
Mouthwatering!!! I’ve never mad e a monkey bread but now I have to try!
I seriously can’t resist monkey bread, sweet or savory. Delish!
I love it. It tastes awesome.
Thank you for the tips. I really like it.
I’m so glad you love this recipe! :)