This pumpkin cream cheese bread is a delicious dessert to make this fall! It has the perfect amount of pumpkin spice flavor with an amazing cream cheese filling.
Every fall season I make a couple loaves of my homemade pumpkin bread. While I love it plain, I think this cream cheese filled version may be my new favorite! The filling tastes just like cheesecake and adds the perfect richness and creaminess to the bread.
If you love baking pumpkin recipes like me, you are going to LOVE this pumpkin cheesecake bread! It has the perfect amount of pumpkin spice and the cream cheese filling is creamy and delicious. It’s fluffy, moist and has the perfect fall flavor. It didn’t last long at our house!
This bread not only tastes delicious, but looks super pretty too. I love the contrast that the middle swirl of filling gives it. It looks super fancy, but is simple enough to whip up with the kids. It’s a treat the whole family will love!
How to make pumpkin cheesecake bread
- BATTER. Mix together the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Then fold in the pumpkin. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Then pour the dry ingredients into the wet pumpkin mixture and stir until smooth.
- FILLING. Use an electric mixer to cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Then mix in the egg and vanilla. Spoon the mixture into a ziplock bag and cut off the tip (this makes it easier to assemble in the pan).
- ASSEMBLY. Pour half of the pumpkin batter into a greased 9×5″ loaf pan. Then pipe the cream cheese filling evenly over top. Next pour the remaining pumpkin batter on top of the filling (no more than 3/4 of the way full).
- BAKE. Bake in the oven at 350°F for about 55 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack to let cool, then slice.
This bread freezes very well. I love to make a double batch and freeze one of the loaves for later. Make sure it has cooled completely, then wrap it tightly in saran wrap or foil. Place in a freezer bag, then store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the fridge overnight, or on the counter until no longer frozen.
More fall desserts you’ll love:
- Pumpkin banana bread
- Chocolate chip pumpkin bread
- Pumpkin bars w/ cream cheese frosting
- Cream cheese pumpkin roll
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
For the bread:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5" pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Fold in the pumpkin. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Then stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Then mix in the egg and vanilla. Place in a ziplock bag and then cut off the tip (to make it easier to spread over the pumpkin mixture).
- Fill your pan half way with the pumpkin mixture. Then spread the cream cheese mixture over the top. Next pour the remaining pumpkin mixture over the top of the filling (no more than 3/4 the way full).
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes clean. Allow to cool and then slice.