Homemade pumpkin pie spice made with just 4 simple ingredients. Easy to make, inexpensive and tastes delicious in all your favorite fall treats!
As soon as fall arrives, I love to bake all the pumpkin recipes. You’ll find this delicious spice in many of your favorites, like pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies or a cream cheese pumpkin roll. Easily make this spice mix at home to have on hand all season long.
Pumpkin spice adds the perfect flavor to all your favorite pumpkin breads, cookies and bars! It tastes just like fall and gives your baked goods that warm, aromatic flavor. If a recipe calls for pumpkin spice and you don’t have any on hand, you can use this simple blend to make your own. It’s also a lot cheaper to make at home, especially if you don’t need a whole jar.
How to make pumpkin spice
It is so easy to make your own pumpkin spice. It only takes 4 ingredients and a couple minutes to stir together.
- Ground cinnamon: Cinnamon is the base of this recipe and adds the perfect flavor.
- Ground nutmeg: Nutmeg brings a warm and slightly sweet taste.
- Ground ginger: Ginger adds a little bit of spice.
- Ground cloves: The cloves bring out the perfect flavor in fall desserts.
- Ground all-spice: This is optional. However, if you love the spice flavor, add this in.
How much does it make?
This recipe makes about 4 Tablespoons, but feel free to double or triple the ingredients depending on how much you need. Below are instructions for specific amounts:
- 2 Tablespoons: cut the recipe in half
- 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons): follow recipe as-is
- 1/2 cup: double the recipe
- 3/4 cup: triple the recipe
- 1 cup: quadruple the recipe
Any leftover spice mix will stay fresh for up to 1 year if stored in a sealed jar. You can easily use it year round if you’re a big fan of pumpkin. It tastes delicious on top of overnight oats with cinnamon syrup or even mixed in with yogurt or applesauce.
Favorite recipes to use it in:
- Pumpkin pie
- Chocolate chip pumpkin bread
- Pumpkin snickerdoodles
- Fluffy pumpkin pancakes
- Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground all-spice (optional)
- Combine the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves in a small jar.
- Whisk until well combined and there are no more streaks.
- Place a seal tight lid on the jar and store up to 1 year.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!