Soft and moist pumpkin bread filled with delicious fall flavors. A classic fall recipe that will become one of your favorites!
With fall approaching, you better believe I’ll be making all of my fall bread favorites. This recipe is a must, as well as apple pull-apart bread, chocolate chip pumpkin bread, caramel apple monkey bread and pumpkin cream cheese bread.
When I think of fall recipes, moist pumpkin bread is one of the first thing that comes to mind. It’s a classic fall recipe that everyone always loves and looks forward to enjoying once the season hits.
What I love about baking with pumpkin is how moist and soft it makes the texture of your baked goods. And this bread is no exception. It has the best texture and is full of delicious pumpkin spice flavor.
We love to enjoy a slice of warm pumpkin bread with a slab of butter. Sometimes we even add chocolate chips to give it an extra sweet flavor. So easy and super yummy!
How to make pumpkin bread
Scroll down for the printable pumpkin bread recipe.
- Preheat oven. Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9×5″ pan.
- Mix dry ingredients. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice in a medium-sized bowl (photo 2).
- Mix wet ingredients. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, eggs, sugar, vanilla, oil and water. Slowly add dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir just until combined (photos 3 and 4).
- Bake. Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let bread cool. Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes and then remove onto a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Great for freezing!
This recipe is perfect for freezing! Because it’s so moist and delicious, it doesn’t dry out in the freezer. When I’m planning on freezing mine, I usually double the recipe and freeze one of the loaves for later.
To freeze: Make sure it has cooled completely, then wrap in plastic wrap or foil. Place the wrapped loaf in a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. I like to add a freezer label on top with the name and date made, so that I know when to use the bread by.
To thaw: Let thaw in the fridge overnight before enjoying. You can also let it sit at room temperature for a few hours to thaw as well. Just be sure to keep it wrapped when thawing so that it stays moist!
More pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Soft Pumpkin Scones with Spiced Glaze
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5" pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, eggs, sugar, vanilla, oil and water. Slowly add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix just until combined.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes and then remove onto a cooling rack. Enjoy!