Easy Roasted Salsa -made with fresh ingredients and so much flavor!
Hello again! Jen here from Yummy Healthy Easy with another delicious and healthy recipe for you!
Have you ever made homemade roasted salsa? We are HUGE salsa fans. I’ve mentioned here before that my husband could eat chips and salsa for every single meal of every single day. Needless to say, I make salsas and dips all the time.
I’m thinking roasted is by far our favorite salsa. You get much bigger flavor from roasting the veggies before you blend them up!
Have you ever roasted veggies before in the broiler? It’s really easy, and the only thing you have to cut, is the onion in half. That’s it! Everything else you leave whole and toss onto a cookie sheet.
Broil until the skins begin to get that charred look (and smell amazing, too!). Blend it all up in a food processor or blender, serve and enjoy! I love this salsa and hope you will too. It’s the perfect summertime snack!
I hope you’ll come visit me over at Yummy Healthy Easy soon!
THANKS Jen for sharing this delicious recipe during our Hello Summer Event! Click HERE to see more ideas from the event.
Easy Roasted Salsa
- 10 roma tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1-2 jalapeños or more if you like it spicier
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt more, for taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 of a lime squeezed (more to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro more to taste
- Heat up your broiler on your oven. Place tomatoes, garlic (with the peels on), shallot (with the skin on), onion (peel and cut in half) and whole jalapeños on a cookie sheet. Place under broiler.
- I like to rotate the veggies periodically so they get equally cooked. When skins begin to char, pull cookie sheet out of oven. Be careful not to burn the garlic! It should take about 10-15 minutes.
- When finished, let the vegetables cool down then peel the garlic skins and shallot skin off. Using a food processor or blender (I used my Vitamix), blend all the vegetables together to the consistency of your liking. Add cumin, salt, pepper and lime juice. Stir in cilantro. Enjoy!