Easy salsa verde recipe with a touch of sweet and spicy! Enjoy with tortilla chips or with your favorite Mexican dish.
One of my biggest weaknesses is chips and salsa. Seriously the best snack ever. Can I get an amen?!
Once I moved to the midwest, I realized you just can’t find salsa like you can in AZ. Luckily it’s pretty easy to whip up in a blender. This salsa verde recipe reminds me of one from my favorite Mexican restaurant back home. So good!
This salsa verde has the perfect flavor and is so easy to make. Use it to add flavoring to your favorite Mexican dishes, or use as an appetizer with tortilla strips and fresh guacamole.
The fresh cilantro, tomatillos, chopped green chiles from Old El Paso add the perfect flavor to this salsa verde recipe.
Looking for more Mexican recipes? You’ll love these too:
Easy salsa verde
- 4 to 5 large tomatillos
- 4.5 ounces 4.5-ounce can Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 jalepeno minced (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Boil tomatillos in a pot of water for 5 minutes. Place on a paper towel to dry and allow to cool.
- Place the green chiles, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, garlic and jalepeno in a blender. Add tomatillos and blend until the salsa is smooth. Salt to taste.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy with fresh tortilla chips.