5 Ingredient Grilled Pineapple Salsa – this grilled pineapple salsa is super easy to make and jam packed with flavor – and only takes 5 ingredients to make. It’s perfect for summer BBQs as either an appetizer or also tastes amazing on top of hot dogs.
One of my all-time favorite things to do in the summer is have BBQs with friends and family. I love grilling and creating easy and delicious recipes. I was super excited when Hebrew National asked me to be a brand ambassador this year and I can’t wait to share more fabulous grilling recipes with you.
This pineapple salsa is absolutely amazing on top of a hot dog with BBQ sauce drizzled on top. It’s like a Hawaiian BBQ Hot Dog. So good!
Basically all you need for this recipe is 5 simple ingredients: Pineapple, red pepper, red onion, lime and cilantro.
5 Ingredient Grilled Pineapple Salsa w/ Hebrew National
- 1 pineapple sliced in circles (for the grill)
- 1/2 red onion sliced (for the grill)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1-2 limes juiced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Jalepeno diced fine (optional)
- Heat the grill to medium heat. Place the pineapple and onions onto the grill and let cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until light grill marks appear. Be careful not to burn it. Remove from the grill and allow to cool. Once cooled, chop into 1/4″ pieces and place in a medium size bowl.
- Next stir in the bell peppers, cilantro and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. For a little heat, add in jalepeno if you’d like.
- Stir and then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This pineapple salsa also tastes amazing with an avocado mixed in! I mixed one in the next day and loved it with tortilla chips.
Try it out and let me know how you like it! Yay for summer!!