Restaurant Style Salsa – Made in the blender in less than 10 minutes! Easy, authentic and full of flavor. This is seriously the best salsa recipe out there!
I’ve never met a salsa I didn’t like! This homemade salsa recipe is my absolute favorite – but there are plenty of others that I love as well, like my salsa verde, pico de gallo, mango salsa, and black bean and corn salsa. All are so fresh, flavorful and taste amazing.
Homemade salsa is sort of my weakness. I’ve tried my fair share of salsas living in AZ and I have to say this is the best homemade salsa recipe I have tried yet! We make this at least once a month. It is seriously our favorite. Make sure you have lots of chips on hand. You have been fair warned. ;)
I got this salsa recipe from my friend (who found it in The Pioneer Women Cookbook) and have tweaked it a little here and there over the years until it was just right. I usually never measure things and just taste as I go. Feel free to add more cilantro and seasonings to your taste.
This salsa not only tastes great with chips, but on top of pretty much anything. We love to make a big batch and serve it on tacos or burrito bowls throughout the week. Mmm…soo good! I could eat this stuff daily and never get sick of it. This salsa is seriously SO good!
All you need to make this salsa recipe is a few simple ingredients: canned tomatoes, onions, cilantro, garlic, salt and fresh lime juice. If you like it spicy, feel free to add in a jalapeno and a dash of cumin. Then all you do is combine the ingredients in a blender and pulse it a few times. Seriously, so easy to make!
How to make salsa
Scroll down for the printable salsa recipe and video tutorial.
- Add all ingredients to blender. Combine all of the salsa ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Pulse until desired consistency is reached. Pulse a few times until you get a nice consistency. Taste and add more spice as needed.
- Refrigerate salsa. Place salsa in refrigerator and chill for at least an hour before serving to help marinate the flavors.
- Serve and enjoy! Serve with tortilla chips or on top of your favorite Mexican dish.
How long does homemade salsa last?
This blender salsa will keep for about two weeks in the fridge, but it never makes it that long around here! :) I like to store my salsa in mason jars – they’re the perfect size and great for shaking up the salsa before serving.
What do you eat salsa with?
This homemade salsa is so versatile! We make a big batch and use it lots of different ways throughout the week. Below are a few of our favorites:
- Serve it with chips or fresh veggies
- Top it on tacos, burrito bowls, taquitos, enchiladas, fajitas or a big Mexican salad
- Use it to make salsa chicken or taco meat
- Add it to soups like taco soup, chicken tortilla soup or white chicken chili
Homemade Salsa Recipe
- 28 ounce can whole tomatoes , drained
- 20 ounces Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies (2 cans)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro , finely chopped (more or less to taste)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon kosher Salt
- Pinch of sugar , optional
If you like your salsa spicy, throw in a Jalapeno
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times until you get a nice consistency. Taste, and add more spice as needed. Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour before serving to help marinate the flavors. Serve with tortilla chips or on top of your favorite Mexican dish.
This Pioneer Woman restaurant style salsa is the best recipe I have found! Just make sure to have a BIG bag (or two) of tortilla chips…you won’t want to run out! ;)