Parmesan Roasted Carrots – Savory, sweet and completely addicting! Baked to perfection and full of flavor. These roasted carrots make a quick, easy and delicious side dish!
This roasted carrots recipe is one of my favorite ways to eat carrots. Roasting them with the olive oil, parmesan, and garlic turns an ordinary carrot into something extraordinary. You can turn any carrot-haters into carrot-lovers with this recipe. Seriously. They are that good. And so easy to make, too!
Whenever I make a batch of these parmesan roasted carrots, I find myself snacking on them the rest of the night. I’m telling you… if you haven’t ever tried roasted carrots, you need to. My kids gobble them right up.
These baked carrots make a great side dish to any meal! They would also be a nice addition to your Thanksgiving menu. One of the best and easiest carrot recipes!
How to roast carrots
Scroll down for the printable roasted carrots recipe and video tutorial.
- Preheat oven 400°F. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in a zip top bag and shake until well coated (I like to add the seasonings first and carrots last, then shake). Next spread out carrots on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender. About halfway through, make sure to toss baked carrots with spatula.
- Remove roasted carrots from oven and serve.
Do you need to boil carrots before roasting?
No, the carrots don’t require boiling before roasting. That’s the beauty of this roasted carrots recipe…you only need 1 pan and the carrots roast perfectly in the oven! Tender on the inside but crispy on the outside. So delicious!
Can roasted carrots be made ahead of time?
Sure! If making ahead of time, I’ll typically add my sliced carrots to a zip top bag and add the oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Then I’ll place the bag in the fridge and let the flavors marinate until I’m ready to bake. Before baking, I’ll add the parmesan and bread crumbs to the bag and shake until coated. Then I’ll stick the carrots in the oven and roast. Very easy!
Ways to season baked carrots
There are many different ways to season carrots prior to roasting. Check out some of the delicious seasoning combos below. You can’t go wrong with any of these!
- Honey Roasted Carrots: Olive oil, honey, salt and pepper
- Soy Roasted Carrots: Soy sauce, honey and olive oil
- Balsamic Roasted Carrots: Olive oil, balsamic (or balsamic glaze) and brown sugar
- Thyme Roasted Carrots: Thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper
Roasted Carrots Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic (2 teaspoons)
- 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 Tablespoons panko bread crumbs (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (more to taste)
- 4-5 cups carrots (peeled and sliced, or baby carrots)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the olive oil, garlic, parmesan, bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a large zip top bag. Add the carrots and shake until they are well coated. Then spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until tender. Toss with a spatula half way through.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Top with fresh parsley if desired.