These Parmesan roasted carrots are an easy side dish that is both delicious and addicting! A flavorful crispy coating with a hint of garlic will be your new favorite way to eat carrots.
Table of Contents
Easy Roasted Carrots
This parmesan roasted carrots recipe is one of my favorite ways to eat carrots. Roasting them with the olive oil, parmesan, and garlic turns an ordinary carrot into something extraordinary. You can turn any carrot-haters into carrot-lovers with this recipe.
How to Cut Carrots for Roasting
I prefer to use whole carrots and cut them into sticks. Start by washing and peeling them, then place on your cutting board. Cut the stem off, then cut each carrot in half. Cut each half into half again vertically, so that you’re left with a stick shape similar to the below picture. You may need to cut the thicker pieces in half again depending on their size.
Alternatively, you can use baby carrots instead which require no cutting. They’re a little thicker, so it may take a tad longer for them to get tender and caramelized.
There are many different ways to season carrots prior to roasting. Add a sprinkle of fresh thyme or make these delicious balsamic roasted carrots. You can’t go wrong with any of the variations below!
- Honey: Olive oil, honey, salt and pepper
- Soy: Soy sauce, honey and olive oil
- Balsamic: Olive oil, balsamic (or balsamic glaze) and brown sugar
- Thyme: Thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper
How to Roast Carrots
- Season. Add seasonings in a zip top bag, then add in sliced carrots. Shake until the carrots are well coated. Then spread them out on a lined baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake. Bake until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Make sure to toss the carrots about halfway through to ensure all sides are cooking evenly and there’s no burning.
- Serve. Remove from oven and top with fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!
Sure! If making in advance, I’ll typically add my sliced carrots to a zip top bag and add the oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Then I’ll place the bag in the fridge and let the flavors marinate until I’m ready to bake. Before baking, I’ll add the parmesan and breadcrumbs to the bag and shake until coated. Then I’ll stick the carrots in the oven and roast. Very easy!
No, they don’t require boiling before roasting. That’s the beauty of this recipe…you only need 1 pan and the carrots roast perfectly in the oven! Tender on the inside but crispy on the outside. So delicious!
No, you don’t have to peel them, that is just how my family prefers them. The skin is edible!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat parmesan carrots in the oven or air fryer for crispy results.
More Vegetable RecipesBrowse all
Parmesan Roasted Carrots Recipe
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic (2 teaspoons)
- 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 Tablespoons panko bread crumbs (optional)
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher salt (more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper (more to taste)
- 4-5 cups carrots (peeled and sliced, or baby carrots)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Slice carrots about 1/4" thick.
- Place the olive oil, garlic, parmesan, bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl or zip top bag. Add the carrots and shake until they are well coated. Then spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until tender. Toss with a spatula half way through. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Top with fresh parsley if desired.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!