Lemon Blueberry Muffins – Soft and moist muffins bursting with fresh blueberries and lemon flavor. Then drizzled with a delicious lemon glaze. These are the best muffins around!
As soon as Spring arrives, I get the itch to bake all types of lemon and blueberry treats. The flavors are so light and refreshing. These easy lemon blueberry muffins are a favorite, as well as lemon blueberry zucchini bread, lemon bars, blueberry buttermilk cake and lemon brownies.
Easy lemon blueberry muffins
These lemon blueberry muffins I whipped up last weekend are absolutely divine. They have the best light and refreshing flavor and are perfect for Spring and Summer. There’s just something about blueberries and lemon that adds the best fresh flavor to muffins or bread.
The sour cream included in these lemon blueberry muffins makes them so soft and moist. Plus the glaze on top adds the perfect sweet touch. Not to mention how pretty it makes them look, too. You must try them! They are totally worth it.
How to make lemon blueberry muffins
Scroll down for the printable lemon blueberry muffin recipe.
- Preheat oven. Preheat oven to 375° and fill cupcake pan with liners (or use cooking spray).
- Whisk together wet and dry ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar, juice, vanilla, lemon zest and sour cream. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- Combine ingredients and fold in blueberries. Mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients and stir until smooth. Then fold in blueberries.
- Fill cupcake pan and bake. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 the way full, then bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned. Remove muffins from pan and let cool.
- Drizzle with glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Then drizzle over muffins.
Glaze for lemon blueberry muffins
I love to drizzle on a lemon glaze over my lemon blueberry muffins. To make the glaze, simply mix together 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/2-1 Tablespoon lemon juice in a small bowl. Then drizzle the glaze over the muffins with a spoon.
Quick tips for lemon blueberry muffins
- Use fresh blueberries! They taste amazing and burst with fresh flavor.
- Use a zester to easily and quickly zest your lemon.
- Add a few extra blueberries on top prior to baking. They make the muffins look extra pretty. :)
- I love to add lemon juice to my glaze, but you could replace it with milk if you’d prefer a more subtle flavor.
Lemon Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice , 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla or almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Fill cupcake pan with liners, or use cooking spray to grease them.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar, juice, vanilla, lemon zest and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Mix the dry ingredients into the large bowl and stir until smooth. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill cupcake liners with batter about 2/3 the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove muffins from pan and allow to cool.
- To make glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Drizzle over muffins.