This lemon chicken fettuccine is a refreshing pasta recipe made with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, herbs and a light lemon dressing. Ready in just 30 minutes, this dish is easy and delicious!
Table of Contents
Creamy Lemon Chicken Fettuccine
I love how light and bright this dish is. The lemon paired with the sun-dried tomatoes and parsley is the perfect combination of summer flavors. So fresh and delicious!
It’s easy to make with just a few ingredients and can be ready on the table is just 30 minutes. It’s light, bright and refreshing. While we love classic fettuccine alfredo with chicken during winter months, this is the perfect pasta dish to enjoy during the summer time!
This fettuccine is made with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh parsley, fettuccine noodles and a homemade lemon dressing. Not only is it a great meal any night of the week, but it would be a lovely dish to take to cookouts and barbecues this summer.
How to Make Lemon Fettuccine
Cook the noodles. First, start by cooking 8 ounces (or half a box) of fettuccine noodles according to the instructions on the box. These noodles are thick and chewy, making them delicious in this pasta dish.
Cook the chicken. While the pasta is cooking, dice 3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Cook with 2 Tablespoons extra virgin oil on medium heat until the chicken is brown and cooked.
Mix in tomatoes and parsley. Add drained sun-dried tomatoes and fresh parsley to the chicken and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked. Reserve 2 Tablespoons of sun-dried tomato oil for the dressing. I really love the flavor from the tomatoes. They are slightly sweet and chewy and packed with tons of yummy flavor.
Make the dressing. For the dressing, I combined the reserved sun-dried tomato oil, fresh lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a mason jar. Then stir or shake with a lid until well combined.
Add noodles and dressing. Add the fettuccine noodles to the cooked chicken. Pour lemon dressing over the pasta and mix well. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Got more fettuccini pasta noodles? This bang bang shrimp with pasta is another favorite!
More Easy Dinner Ideas
Lemon Chicken Fettuccine
- 8 ounces fettuccine , cooked
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 boneless chicken breasts , diced
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 17 ounce jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil , drained and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh parsley
For the Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons sun-dried tomato oil
- 1 lemon , juiced
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper and cook until chicken is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and parsley and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add cooked fettuccine to chicken mixture and toss together.
- In a mason jar, combine the sun-dried tomato oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Shake until thoroughly mixed. Pour the dressing into the pasta mixture and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!