Lemon Chicken Fettuccine – a refreshing pasta recipe made with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, and a light lemon dressing. Ready in just 30 minutes, this dish is easy and delicious!
Hello there! It’s me again, Katie from The Casual Craftlete Blog. In May, I shared a recipe for an Easy BLT Pasta Salad that is perfect for summertime. This month I am sticking with an easy pasta dish that is light and fresh for summer, too.
This Lemon Chicken Fettuccine is one of my family’s new favorite meals. It’s easy to make with just a few ingredients and can be ready on the table is just 30 minutes.
This Lemon Chicken Fettuccine is made with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh parsley, fettuccine noodles, and a homemade lemon dressing. Not only is it a great meal any night of the week, but it would be a lovely dish to take to cookouts and barbecues this summer.
First, start by cooking 8 oz or half a box of fettuccine noodles according to the instructions on the box. These noodles are thick and chewy, making them delicious in this pasta dish.
While the pasta is cooking, dice 3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Cook with 2 Tablespoons extra virgin oil on medium heat until the chicken is brown and cooked.
Add drained sun-dried tomatoes and fresh parsley to the chicken and continue to cook 3 to 4 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Reserve 2 tablespoon of sun-dried tomato oil for the dressing. I really love the flavor from the tomatoes. They are slightly sweet and chewy and packed with tons of yummy flavor.
For the dressing, I combined the reserved sun-dried tomato oil, fresh lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a mason jar. Then stir or shake with a lid until well combined.
Add the fettuccine noodles to the cooked chicken. Pour lemon dressing over the pasta and mix well. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired. This Lemon Chicken Fettuccine is so bright and refreshing. It’s not a heavy pasta dish at all, making it great to enjoy this summer.
Lemon Chicken Fettuccine
- 8 ounces Fettuccine cooked
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 boneless chicken breasts diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 17 ounce jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add diced chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper; cook until chicken is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and parsley, continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add cooked fettuccine to chicken mixture and toss together.
- In a mason jar, combine sun-dried tomato oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper; shake until thoroughly mixed. Pour the dressing into the pasta mixture and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve right away.
If you love this fresh summertime dinner recipe, you’ll enjoy these too!