Tender roasted vegetables with caramelized maple and bacon. This delicious side dish will turn anyone into a veggie lover!
Table of Contents
Simple Maple Roasted Vegetables
If you’re looking for a way to easily spruce up vegetables, this recipe is perfect. The bacon and maple syrup add such amazing flavor and really help elevate the dish. You won’t want to make veggies any other way!
These roasted vegetables with maple and bacon are seriously to die for! Honestly they were one of my favorite side dishes this past Thanksgiving and I plan to make them year round. After several of you begged for the recipe after I posted them on Instagram, I figured I better not wait until next Thanksgiving to post them.
I’ve made a variation before with just roasted brussels sprouts and pecans which were super yummy too. You could definitely just use a pound of brussels or even a pound of green beans for this recipe. I love the mixed vegetables though and usually just use up what I have in my fridge.
The fresh (or dried) cranberries are optional, but I love the sweetness they add. I also can’t get enough of the maple flavor. It caramelizes the vegetables, bringing out all of their natural goodness.
My Favorite Vegetables to Use
- Green beans
- Diced sweet potatoes
- Sliced delicata squash
- Sliced brussels sprouts
How to Make Maple Roasted Vegetables with Bacon
Cut and season veggies
Chop the veggies, then place on a large baking pan. Add chopped bacon and cranberries and/or pecans if desired. Drizzle mixture with oil and maple syrup and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Bake veggies in oven
Bake at 425°F for 20-25 minutes, or until the veggies are fork tender (flip halfway through). Add more salt and pepper if needed, then drizzle extra maple syrup on top if desired.
- For more flavor, I love to add in fresh (or dried) cranberries and pecan halves.
- Make sure to flip your veggies halfway through. This ensures they get perfectly caramelized on all sides.
- Save some maple syrup to drizzle on top of the cooked veggies right before serving.
- If you’re a fan of crispy bacon, you can pre-cook it on the stove first and then mix it in with the veggies about 5 minutes before they are done cooking.
- You can also use store-bought precooked bacon (My favorite is the kind from Costco).
More Roasted Veggies
Maple Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Optional: 1/2 cup fresh cranberries or 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 cup pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and spray a large baking pan with nonstick spray or olive oil.
- Cut vegetables into similar size pieces and place on the pan. Sprinkle the bacon around the top. Add cranberries and/or pecans if desired. Then drizzle the olive oil and maple syrup over top. Add salt and pepper and then toss until evenly coated.
- Bake 20-25 minutes (flipping half way), or until the veggies are fork tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with extra maple syrup if desired.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!