Cilantro Lime Dressing – Easily whipped up in less than 5 minutes and adds the best fresh flavor to your meals! This creamy cilantro lime dressing makes everything better!
Homemade dressings are SO much better than store-bought! They’re quick, fresh and full of amazing flavor. This cilantro lime salad dressing is one of my favorites, as well as ranch, vinaigrette, blue cheese dressing, poppy seed dressing and balsamic dressing.
Cilantro lime dressing
This creamy cilantro lime dressing makes everything better! It’s so easy to whip up (less than 5 minutes!) and will add SO much flavor to your meal! We love pouring it on taco salads, tacos, burrito bowls and even nachos. I also love it on my favorite BBQ chicken salad.
I always order the Cafe Rio cilantro lime dressing and wanted to recreate my own version at home. It turned out amazing and is perfectly creamy and smooth. Plus it has tons of flavor from all of the fresh ingredients. Make sure to chill the dressing before serving – it helps meld all the flavors together and thickens it up a bit. Seriously so delicious!
Ingredients for cilantro ranch dressing
Buttermilk: I love to use homemade buttermilk when I have it on hand, but store-bought works great too!
Mayonnaise: I like to use mayonnaise when making cilantro lime dressing, but feel free to sub with sour cream or Greek yogurt if preferred.
Ranch seasoning mix: Adding ranch seasoning really enhances the flavor of this dressing! I add about 1 1/2 Tablespoons.
Cilantro: You’ll need about 3/4 cup fresh cilantro. I like to leave some cilantro bits in mine when blending, but you’re welcome to blend until the consistency is smooth too.
Jalapeno: If you like your dressings on the milder side, make sure to remove the seeds from the jalapeno. If you’re a fan of heat, keep the seeds and feel free to add in more jalapeno if preferred.
Garlic: I typically add in about 1 teaspoon of fresh garlic for added flavor.
Lime juice: The fresh lime juice helps to add acidity and gives the cilantro lime dressing that perfect zing.
Tomatillo: If you don’t have fresh tomatillos, you can use 1/4 cup store bought salsa verde in it’s place.
How to make cilantro lime dressing
Scroll down for the printable cilantro lime dressing recipe.
- Add ingredients to blender and blend. In a blender, add in buttermilk, mayo, ranch, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice and tomatillo. Blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Refrigerate. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Serve and enjoy! Serve dressing over salads or favorite Mexican dish and enjoy!
How long does cilantro lime dressing last?
This cilantro lime dressing will stay good for about 5-7 days if stored in the refrigerator. Just make sure to store in an airtight container, such as a mason jar. The flavors in the dressing will continue to meld as it chills in the fridge.
Favorite ways to use cilantro lime salad dressing
There are so many ways to use this cilantro ranch dressing! Below are a few of our favorites:
- Drizzled over a big Mexican salad, BBQ chicken salad, taco salad or fajita salad
- As a topping on sweet pork tacos, ranch chicken tacos or chicken tinga tacos
- Added to Mexican dishes like taquitos, burritos, burrito bowls or nachos
- It also makes a great dip for fresh vegetables
Cilantro Lime Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayo , can sub with sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons ranch seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon finely diced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tomatillo
- Add the buttermilk, mayo, ranch, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice and tomatillo in a blender. Blend until well combined or you reach desired thickness.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. It will stay good for 5-7 days. Serve over salads.
- If you don't have fresh tomatillos, you can use 1/4 cup store bought salsa verde in it's place.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeno if you don't want any spice. Add more jalapeno, if you like the heat.
- You can thin out with milk, as needed