Homemade Razzleberry Pie – One of my all time favorite pies! Filled with 3 different types of berries and topped with a beautiful lattice crust.
Razzleberry pie is one of those desserts that reminds me of my childhood. We always had it during the holidays growing up, along with raspberry jello pretzel salad, saltine toffee, 7-layer bars and Christmas crack toffee.
Each Thanksgiving, the most requested pie at my house is definitely the berry pie. Usually my mom would pick one up from Marie Calendar’s and we always gobbled it right up. This year I decided to try and make my own and it turned out absolutely amazing.
Raspberries, blackberries and blueberries are piled into this delicious pie. Those are three of my favorite kinds of berries! Just use whatever you have on hand. :) Raspberries are definitely my favorite berry though. I used this pie crust recipe as the base.
How to make razzleberry pie
- Let berries thaw. Combine mixed berries in a bowl and allow to thaw.
- Make crust, then bake. Preheat oven to 375°F. Make crust according to directions and then press pie shell in pan. Tuck under the edges and then place foil over the crust and put pie beads or dry beans in the center of the foil. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Add berry filling and lattice crust. Add the sugar, corn starch and salt to the berry mixture and stir together. Once the crust is golden brown, add the berry mixture on top. Then cut the lattice the crust about 1/2 inch using a pizza cutter. Place 4 strips vertically on top of the berries and then carefully weave the 4 horizontal strips underneath. Brush the egg yolk on top of the crust using a pastry brush and then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake razzleberry pie. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool and to thicken before slicing. Serve with fresh whip cream!
TIP: If you’re feeling adventurous, you could also try a braided crust. It’s easier than you think and is a total show stopper! You can also use a fork to press the edges of the crust. You could even skip the crust on top and add an easy crumble topping or cinnamon streusel.
Top with homemade whipped cream for the ultimate razzleberry pie! Mmm…enj0y!
More delicious pie recipes:
Razzleberry Pie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place baking sheet in the oven.
- Combine mixed berries in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the the sugar, corn starch and salt. Drain off any juice from the berries and then combine with the sugar mixture and gently stir together.
- Make crust according to pie crust directions. Tuck under the edges and then place foil over the crust and put pie beads or dry beans in the center of the foil. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove pie crust from oven and add the berry mixture on top (leaving any excess juices in the bowl). Then place top crust on top of the berries (alternatively add the crumb topping below). Brush the egg white on top of the pie crust using a pastry brush and then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake pie for 45-55 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Add foil to cover the crust if it is browning too fast. Remove from oven and allow to cool (3-4 hours) to thicken before slicing.
- Serve with fresh whip cream or vanilla ice cream.
- 6 Tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoon butter