This slow cooker beef stroganoff only takes 5 minutes to prep and is made with less than 10 ingredients! A classic comfort food dish that’s packed with flavor in a creamy sauce.
Easy Crock Pot Stroganoff
Easy slow cooker recipes are my go-to on busy weeknights. I love to just dump everything in the crockpot and forget about it. They help take the stress out of dinnertime, which is much needed!
With fall in season, I’m starting to crave all the comfort foods. This beef stroganoff is a classic comfort food dish that’s made easy in the slow cooker. It’s packed with flavor in a creamy sauce and is seriously so delicious!
The best part about this recipe is that it’s made with less than 10 ingredients! Plus it only takes 5 minutes to prep and clean up is super simple.
We love to serve it over butter noodles or creamy mashed potatoes. Feel free to make swaps too – like using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream to make it a little healthier. Or using flank steak or sirloin steak instead of stew meat.
What Cut of Beef is Best to Use?
My favorite type of meat to use for beef stroganoff is stew meat. It’s less expensive and gets super tender and flavorful when cooked low and slow in the crockpot. You could even sear it on the stove before throwing it in the slow cooker if you want a little more flavor.
Other cuts of beef will work too, such as flank steak or sirloin steak. Some even use meatballs. You can’t go wrong with any of these – they are all delicious!
What is Stroganoff Sauce Made of?
The sauce is easily made from scratch using the ingredients below:
- Beef broth
- Onion soup mix
- Worcestershire sauce
- Sour cream
- Heavy cream
The stroganoff sauce is super flavorful and gets perfectly creamy and thick. If you’re looking to thicken it even more, try adding in a little more cornstarch and heavy cream until desired consistency is met.
How to Make Beef Stroganoff in the Crockpot
- Cook ingredients in crockpot. Add stew meat and mushrooms in the slow cooker and sprinkle onion soup mix on top. Then pour broth and Worcestershire in. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in creams and cornstarch. Remove 1/4 cup broth from crockpot. Then stir in the heavy cream and sour cream. Whisk in the cornstarch. Let cook an additional 30 minutes, then S&P to taste.
- Serve and enjoy! Serve over butter noodles and sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired.
More Easy Dinner Ideas:
- Crockpot Italian Chicken
- One-Hour Oven Roasted Chicken
- Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
- Easy Pot Roast
- Crockpot Beef Stew
Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 1 1/2 pounds stew meat
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms , sliced
- 1 ounce onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth or stock
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream , more as needed
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch , more as needed
S&P to taste
For serving: butter noodles or mashed potatoes and fresh parsley
- Place the stew meat and mushrooms in the slow cooker. Sprinkle the onion soup mix over top. Then pour the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce in. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove about 1/4 cup of the broth. Stir in the heavy cream and sour cream. Whisk in the cornstarch. Allow to cook an additional 30 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over butter noodles and sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!