This creamy Italian chicken is made in the crockpot with just 4 simple ingredients. A family favorite meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights.
This is one of the easiest dinner recipes out there! It’s so simple to throw together and the crockpot does all the work for you. It’s one of my favorite meals for busy weeknights, along with Hawaiian haystacks, slow cooker chicken tacos and parmesan ranch chicken.
Crockpot Italian chicken is one of my all-time favorite meals! My aunt gave this recipe to me when I was first married and we have been making it ever since. It is SO delicious and super easy to make.
This dish is one of those super easy “forget and go” meals! You literally add everything to the crockpot and that’s it! Then dinner is ready a few hours later. So quick and easy! We love to serve it over cooked noodles or rice and add some fresh parsley on top.
4 simple ingredients
Cream of chicken soup: The cream of chicken soup helps to give this recipe it’s creamy consistency. I like to use a can from the store for convenience, but you can always make your own too. Check out this homemade recipe.
Cream cheese: You’ll just need 1 block of cream cheese. I like to cube mine up before adding it to the crockpot. This helps it melt evenly and not get lumpy.
Italian dressing mix: Make sure to get the dry Italian dressing mix packet! I like to use Good Seasons Italian dressing mix.
Chicken breasts: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts work best for this recipe. I used 4 chicken breasts, which is about 1 1/2 pounds.
How to make crockpot Italian chicken
- Place ingredients in crockpot. Place chicken in crockpot and sprinkle Italian seasoning on top. Then add cream of chicken soup and cream cheese cubes.
- Cook on low. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken & season to taste. Shred chicken and S&P to taste. If needed, add 1/4- 1/2 cup of chicken broth or milk to thin it out.
- Serve and enjoy! Serve over cooked noodles or rice.
Quick tips and tricks
- Use slow cooker liners for easier clean up.
- Feel free to add in veggies during the last hour of cooking. Broccoli, peas or mushrooms would taste great.
- If the mixture is too thick, add 1/4-1/2 cup of chicken broth or milk to thin it out.
- You can eat this meal by itself, or serve with sides like broccoli, asparagus, garlic bread or breadsticks.
More easy dinners you’ll love:
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Salad
- Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker Honey Chicken
Crockpot Creamy Italian Chicken
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- .7 ounce packet dry Italian dressing mix (I like Good Seasons brand)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- S&P , to taste
For serving: cooked noodles or rice
For garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken in the crockpot. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the chicken. Next add the cream of chicken soup and cut the cream cheese into cubes and place in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Shred chicken and salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/4-1/2 cup of chicken broth or milk if needed to thin it out. Serve over cooked noodle or rice.