This creamy Italian chicken is made in the crockpot with just 4 simple ingredients. A family favorite meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights.
Table of Contents
Easy Crockpot Dinner
Crockpot Italian chicken is one of my all-time favorite meals! My aunt gave this recipe to me when I was first married and we have been making it ever since. It is SO delicious and super easy to make.
This dish is one of those super easy “forget and go” 5-ingredient crockpot meals! You literally add everything to the crockpot and that’s it! Then dinner is ready a few hours later. So quick and easy! We love to serve it over cooked noodles or rice and add some fresh parsley on top.
Why This Recipe Works
- Dump and go. One of the easiest chicken recipes to have in your arsenal for dinner! Literally dump the ingredients (only 4 of them to be exact) and let the crock pot do the work for you!
- Creamy and delicious. Double the creaminess from both the cream cheese and cream of chicken soup. You’ll be left with a thick and flavorful creamy sauce that’s so comforting and delicious.
- Customizable. It’s hard to mess up this slow cooker creamy Italian chicken recipe! Feel free to swap the chicken breasts for chicken thighs, or add in extras like parmesan cheese for a more rich and tangy flavor. It’s super versatile!
4 Simple Ingredients
Any dinner recipe that can taste this delicious made with only 4 ingredients is one to always keep in your dinner rotation!
- Cream of chicken soup: The cream of chicken soup helps to give this recipe it’s creamy consistency. I like to use a can from the store for convenience, but you can always make your own too. Check out this homemade recipe.
- Cream cheese: You’ll just need 1 block of cream cheese. I like to cube mine up before adding it to the crockpot. This helps it melt evenly and not get lumpy.
- Italian dressing mix: Make sure to get the dry Italian dressing mix packet! I like to use Good Seasons Italian dressing mix for the best flavor.
- Chicken breasts: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts work best for this recipe. I used 4 chicken breasts, which is about 1 1/2 pounds.
How to Make Crockpot Italian Chicken
Making creamy Italian chicken in the crockpot is as easy as ever! Just dump the ingredients in and let the slow cooker do the rest of the work. It doesn’t get better than that!
- Place ingredients in crockpot. Place meat in crockpot and sprinkle Italian seasoning on top. Then pour in the cream of chicken soup and add cream cheese cubes.
- Cook on low. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred & season to taste. Shred meat with two forks and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Stir back into the sauce. If needed, add 1/4- 1/2 cup of broth or milk to thin it out.
- Serve and enjoy! Serve over cooked noodles or rice.
Yes, you may use frozen chicken breasts. Just add an extra 1-2 hours to the total cook time so that it cooks all the way through and is tender.
Sure, but wait until the last hour of cooking so that they don’t get mushy. Peas, mushrooms or broccoli would all taste delicious with this creamy Italian chicken recipe!
It tastes great served over rice or cooked pasta (such as egg noodles or penne). You can also serve this Italian chicken over mashed potatoes for the ultimate comfort food!
- Use slow cooker liners for easier clean up.
- Feel free to add in veggies during the last hour of cooking. Broccoli, peas or mushrooms would taste great.
- If the mixture is too thick, add 1/4-1/2 cup of chicken broth or milk to thin it out.
- You can eat this meal by itself, or serve with sides like broccoli, asparagus, garlic bread or breadsticks.
5 star review
This is honestly the easiest, most delicious thing I’ve ever made. 4 ingredients and everyone loves it! I put it over white rice with a veggie on the side, and it is absolutely delicious. Peak comfort food.– Jessica
More Dinner Recipes You’ll LoveBrowse all
Crockpot Creamy Italian Chicken
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- .7 ounce packet dry Italian dressing mix (I like Good Seasons brand)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- S&P , to taste
For serving: cooked noodles or rice
For garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken in the crockpot. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the chicken. Next add the cream of chicken soup and cut the cream cheese into cubes and place in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Shred chicken and salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/4-1/2 cup of chicken broth or milk if needed to thin it out.
- Serve over cooked noodle or rice. Add fresh parsley on top if desired.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!