Skip the takeout and make your favorite beef and broccoli at home. This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prep and the slow cooker does the rest!
This beef and broccoli recipe will definitely satisfy all your cravings for take out. The meat is tender and the sauce is super flavorful. Plus it’s less expensive and healthier than ordering out, too.
The best part about this dish is that it’s so easy to toss together in the slow cooker. Prep time takes only 10 short minutes and you can literally just dump the ingredients in and go. Feel free to make customizations based on your needs, like adding in extra veggies or using precooked rice for serving.
How to make slow cooker beef and broccoli
Prepare. Make the sauce by whisking together the broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and minced garlic. Add beef to crockpot, then pour the sauce on top.
Cook beef. Turn to low setting and cook until the meat is cooked through, about 3 hours.
Add broccoli. Remove 1/4 cup of the liquid from the crockpot. Whisk cornstarch into the liquid mixture, then add the mixture back into the crockpot and stir. Add in the broccoli and cook for another 20 to 30 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
Serve. Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
TIP: Buy the precooked frozen rice from Trader Joe’s for easy serving. You can also buy frozen or pre-chopped broccoli to make this dish come together even quicker.
- Can add other veggies like bell peppers, mushrooms, snap peas and carrots.
- Use precooked rice or frozen/pre-chopped broccoli for convenience.
- Serve with cauliflower rice for a low carb option.
- Add broccoli to the slow cooker about 30 minutes before serving. Don’t add it in while cooking the beef or it will get super mushy.
- Don’t forget the cornstarch! It helps to thicken the sauce. Whisk it in right before adding the broccoli.
- If there’s any extra sauce left in the crockpot, I like to add a spoonful on top right before serving.
More easy crockpot recipes you’ll love:
- Slow Cooker Honey Chicken
- 3 Ingredient Salsa Chicken
- Shredded Beef Tacos
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
Crockpot Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak (or beef chuck) , sliced against the grain in thin strips
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
Add after cooking:
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3-4 cups chopped broccoli , frozen or fresh
For serving: rice, sesame seeds
- Place the beef strips into the slow cooker.
- Whisk together the broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and minced garlic. Then pour over beef. Cook on low for 3 hours, or until meat is cooked through.
- Remove 1/4 cup liquid from the slow cooker and whisk in the cornstarch. Stir back into the pot. Then add broccoli. Cook an additional 20-30 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- Serve over rice with sesame seeds if desired.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!