This snickerdoodle hot chocolate is a delicious twist on your standard hot chocolate, spiced with cinnamon sugar and perfect for the holiday season!
White Hot Chocolate with Cinnamon
This delicious treat combines the flavor of two of my favorite holiday indulgences: snickerdoodles and hot chocolate. And let me tell you, the pairing is amazing! It tastes just like Christmas and is so warm and comforting.
One of my family’s favorite Christmas traditions is driving around to admire Christmas lights while we sip on hot chocolate. This year, we discovered a new flavor that we love…snickerdoodle hot chocolate! It’s similar to this white hot chocolate, with an extra kick of cinnamon.
The recipe is simple, but one I think you will love. It has great holiday flavor and is a fun way to enjoy the season. It’s also a great treat to enjoy with a few of your favorite Christmas cookies, like classic butter cookies or Mexican wedding cookies. The perfect winter treat combo!
Type of Chocolate
What makes this snickerdoodle hot cocoa different from regular hot chocolate is the type of chocolate used. It calls for white chocolate, giving it a milky, rich flavor.
The type of white chocolate you use in this recipe makes a difference, so be sure to use high quality chocolate. I prefer using a bar of white chocolate (Ghirardelli is my favorite) and chop it up into small pieces before adding to the saucepan. This helps is melt faster and more evenly.
How to Make Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate
- Simmer mixture on stove. Add milk, cinnamon and vanilla to a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until mixture begins to simmer. Be sure to keep stirring continuously the whole time.
- Add in the chocolate. Remove from heat once simmering and add in chopped white chocolate. Place the lid on the pan and let sit until the chocolate melts, about 3 minutes. Then stir the mixture to combine.
- Top and enjoy! Pour the white hot chocolate into mugs and add desired toppings like mini marshmallows and crushed peppermint. Enjoy!
Toppings to Add
Feel free to add all of your favorite toppings before enjoying! We love to add mini marshmallows, more chopped white chocolate and some crushed peppermint. You can even make a hot chocolate charcuterie board full of all of the yummy options below for an extra fun presentation!
- Mini marshmallows
- More chopped white chocolate
- Crushed peppermint
- Whipped cream
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
5 star review
“Made for my granddaughter tonight and she said that it tasted just like Starbucks. Thanks for the recipe!”– Gayle
More Delicious Winter Treats:
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Peppermint Bark
- Easy Eggnog Fudge
- Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Cookies
- Crockpot Hot Chocolate
Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cups white chocolate
Optional toppings: Whipped cream, sprinkle of cinnamon, mini marshmallows, chopped white chocolate, crushed peppermint
- Chop the white chocolate.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Cook on medium-low, stirring continuously, until the milk mixture begins to simmer.
- Once the milk simmers, remove from heat and add white chocolate. Cover the pan and let sit for 3 minutes, or until the white chocolate has melted. Once chocolate has melted, stir to combine.
- Pour into mugs and add desired toppings. Enjoy!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Originally written by Lorie from Be Different, Act Normal for I Heart Naptime.