Creamy and rich eggnog fudge that combines all of the best flavors of Christmas! Makes the perfect edible gift for the holidays.
If there’s one thing that screams Christmas time, it’s fudge! I love to make a few different fudge recipes during the holiday season and this eggnog fudge is always included. It’s perfectly creamy, chocolaty and has amazing eggnog flavor.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s super easy to whip up and comes together in about 30 minutes. Then just place it in the fridge or freezer and you’ll have the perfect sweet treat on hand to enjoy whenever you need a little pick me up. :)
It also makes a great edible gift and is always a hit with anyone that tries it. Just wrap the fudge in cellophane and add a cute Christmas tag. Gifts from the kitchen are always the best!
- White baking chocolate
- Ground nutmeg
- Marshmallow creme
- Vanilla extract
How to make eggnog fudge
Step 1: Boil the sugar, butter and eggnog
In a medium saucepan over medium-heat, bring the sugar, butter and eggnog to a full boil. Continue to let boil until a candy thermometer reaches 234°F. Remember to stir the mixture constantly the whole time to prevent scorching.
Step 2: Add remaining ingredients
Remove from heat and add in the white chocolate and nutmeg, stirring until the chocolate is melted. Then immediately stir in the marshmallow creme and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
Step 3: Pour in dish and refrigerate
Pour the mixture into a buttered or parchment-lined 8×8″ pan and sprinkle extra nutmeg on top. Place in refrigerator until cool, then cut into squares.
Does fudge have to be refrigerated?
Yes, you’ll need to store this eggnog fudge in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 2 weeks if chilled in an airtight container in the fridge.
Another great thing about this fudge recipe is that it’s great for freezing! Simply stick it in an airtight container or freezer bag and store in freezer for up to one month.
More fudge recipes:
- Easy Microwave Fudge
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Fudge
- White Chocolate Fudge
- Snickerdoodle Fudge
Eggnog Fudge Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate , or melting wafers
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg , more for topping
- 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the sugar, butter and eggnog to a full boil over medium-heat. Continue to boil over medium until a candy thermometer reaches 234°F. Stir constantly to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat and stir in the white chocolate and nutmeg. Stir until the chocolate is melted. Then immediately stir in the marshmallow creme and vanilla extract. Use a mixer to beat until well blended.
- Pour into a buttered 8x8" square pan. Sprinkle extra nutmeg on top. Cool in the refrigerator, then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. May be frozen for up to one month.
Originally written by Cindy from Skip to my Lou for I Heart Naptime.