Hot Chocolate Cookies… super soft chocolate cocoa cookies with a roasted marshmallow on top!
These Hot Chocolate Cookies are a new favorite around here. My kids were so excited when they noticed me adding marshmallows to the tops of the cookies. They are just a little marshmallow obsessed. Now, I don’t love plain marshmallows… but roasted. YES! Roasted marshmallow on top of a chocolate cookies? DOUBLE YES! I’m serious you guys, these are the real deal. They need to be on your holiday baking list. They taste best when they are fresh out of the oven. Everything is still warm and perfect.
When I was in AZ last month I made these cookies for a little Christmas shoot with my SIL at Sharianna Marie Photography. It was so fun! We had a blast setting up this hot chocolate stand. My girls loved the cookies too!
Variations for Hot Chocolate Cookies:
For marshmallow lovers, try adding 1/4 cup extra mini marshmallows to the batter.
For chocolate lovers, try adding shaved chocolate to the tops of the marshmallows.
For s’more lovers, try adding a mini Hersheys bar to the top and 1/4 cup chopped graham crackers to the batter.
Enjoy them hot! Look at all that gooeyness! YUM!
Hot Chocolate Cookies Printable Recipe:
Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 marshmallows cut in half
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly pour the flour mixture into the sugar mixture and stir until
- well combined. Add in the chocolate chips, and then chill the dough in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, or use a medium cookie scoop.
- Place cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 7 to 8 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly crisp around the edges and soft in the
- middle. Remove from oven and turn to broil. Place the marshmallows on top and then place back in the oven and broil for 30 seconds to 1 minute, just until the marshmallows are slightly toasted. You don’t want them to get too brown. Allow to cool on the pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Hope you enjoy these hot chocolate cookies! They are perfect on a cold winter day with a warm cup of hot cocoa!
Here are some other yummy chocolate cookie recipe: