The BEST cheesy hot spinach artichoke dip! A delicious appetizer that is perfect for any party and made extra EASY in the slow cooker.
Table of Contents
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
I’m a huge fan of dips and especially love anything I can make in the slow cooker. My sausage cream cheese Rotel dip and easy buffalo chicken dip have been long time favorites of mine, however this crockpot spinach artichoke dip might be my new top pick.
This is my go-to appetizer whenever I have last minute guests. It’s perfect if you’re short on time or are looking for a super easy appetizer. It will literally take you less than 5 minutes to throw together!
You simply throw all the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it do the work. Then you can work on whatever else you need to for the party. The best part about making it in the slow cooker is the dip will stay nice and hot when serving it to your guests.
This dip tastes best when served warm with sliced French baguette or tortilla chips. The hot and bubbly cheese on top cannot be beat! It’s thick, creamy and full of flavor. This dip is SO easy to make…you must try it!
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip in Crockpot
Scroll down for the printable recipe and video tutorial.
- Add ingredients to crockpot. Place cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, garlic, parsley, artichoke hearts and spinach in the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook. Cover crockpot with lid and cook on low for 45 minutes. Stir and cook an additional 15 minutes if needed. Turn to warm setting to keep warm while serving.
- Season to taste, then serve! Add salt, pepper and chopped fresh parsley to taste. Serve with crostini, sliced french bread or tortilla chip.
If you would prefer to make baked spinach artichoke dip in the oven, you absolutely can! Simply mix the ingredients, spread in a pie dish or skillet and then bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes, or until the dip is bubbling on top.
- I love using chopped fresh spinach instead of frozen.
- I also use jarred marinated artichoke hearts for the best flavor.
- Make sure to remove any prickly parts on the artichokes when chopping.
Favorites for Dipping
This dip goes well with pretty much anything! ;) Below are a few of our favorites for dipping:
- Crostini or French baguette
- Sliced French bread
- Tortilla chips
- Pita bread or pita chips
Could this dip be any more delicious? I don’t think so! And now I am craving this crockpot spinach artichoke dip… mmm so good!
Because this recipe is so simple, you don’t really NEED to make it ahead of time – but you absolutely can if desired.
Just combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook until the dip is creamy and melted, about 45-60 minutes. Transfer dip to a bowl and let cool. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap, then store in the refrigerator.
The next day, you can either warm it back up in the slow cooker (or even in the oven) until bubbly and heated throughout.
More Easy AppetizersBrowse all
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley , or 1-2 teaspoons fresh
- 12 ounce can marinated artichoke hearts , chopped fine
- 3 cups spinach , chopped
- S&P to taste , to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for topping , optional
For serving: crostini, sliced french bread, tortilla chips
- In the bottom of your slow cooker combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley, artichoke hearts and spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 45 minutes. Stir and cook an additional 15-20 minutes or until the top is bubbly.
- Turn to warm setting until ready to serve. Top with chopped fresh parsley if desired. Serve with crostini, sliced bread or tortilla chips.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!