Thanks for stopping by! To get the newest recipes subscribe or join us on facebook. Make sure to check out our recipe box too!
As the weather gets hotter in AZ we have to come up with more and more activities to do inside. I saw these jello cookies and knew they would be perfect for me and my son to make. Carson had SO much fun helping me with these. It was one of our favorite activities together. He keeps begging to make the “jeylo playdough and cookies!”
Make jello cookies and jello playdough with this yummy recipe!
The nice thing about this recipe is you can turn it into homemade playdough. Wash the kids hands (and counter of course) and then let the kids imaginations go wild!
Carson had so much fun smashing the dough and building BIG towers with all the colors.
Once he was tired of playing with the dough we rolled them into balls and dipped them in the jello sugar.
Don’t these cookies scream SUMMER?! I love all the bright colors! It was fun to taste all the different flavors too!
To get the flower look just smash them down with the bottom of a bowl. :)
Jello cookies & jello playdough!
- 3.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups salted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 (3 oz) pkg jello You can use any flavors you want
- Beat butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Divide dough into 4 sections. Sprinkle 2 Tb of jello onto each section. Knead together with dough. You may want to add a few drops of food coloring to make the dough more vibrant.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in the extra jello from the packets. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of bowl.
- Bake 8 to 10 min at 350 on lined baking sheets. Cool on baking sheets 2 min. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
The kids sure enjoyed these jello cookies! I let them each have one for being such great helpers. ;)
Thanks for reading. Come back soon!
Like this recipe? You’ll love these: best chocolate chip cookies, raspberry cookies, white chocolate and butterscotch cookies and our recipe box full of many more.