Soft and chewy birthday cookies loaded with chocolate chips and sprinkles. So fun, festive and full of deliciousness. The perfect cookie for any celebration!
Table of Contents
Favorite Birthday Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorite desserts, whether it’s chocolate chip pudding cookies or edible cookie dough, I love them in every form. That’s why I had to have them on my birthday! Queue these birthday chocolate chip cookies with sprinkles. The sprinkles are such a fun addition and add the perfect celebratory touch.
These delicious chocolate chip cookies make the perfect birthday treat! They aren’t just ordinary cookies…they are “special birthday cookies” as my kids would say. Filled with chocolate chips and colored sprinkles, these birthday cookies are so fun and festive. And they taste incredible, too! They’re soft in the middle with the perfect crisp on the outside. I could easily eat half a dozen…and I just might! ;)
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sprinkles
MIX. Cream together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Mix in the eggs and vanilla until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkles.
SCOOP. Use a cookie scoop or spoon to scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
BAKE. Bake at 350°F for 8-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden but the center is soft. Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 2 minutes. Then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Chocolate chips: I used white and milk chocolate chips, but feel free to customize based on preference. Peanut butter or butterscotch chips would taste delicious too.
Sprinkles: Sprinkles add such a fun and festive feel to these birthday cookies! I used rainbow colored sprinkles, but you could add in your favorite color or even seasonal colored sprinkles too.
Candy: Instead of chocolate chips, sometimes I like to add in M&M’s or Milky Way pieces.
Cookie cake: Try turning this recipe into a birthday cookie cake, similar to a pizookie! Just fill a cast iron, pie plate or cake pan with the dough and bake. Feel free to top with frosting and candles!
Tips for Baking Perfect Birthday Cookies
- Use a cookie scoop to ensure the cookies are all the same size.
- I like to take them out of the oven when they are a little underdone. I’ll let them sit on the hot pan for a couple of minutes (they continue to cook through), then I’ll transfer to a baking rack to cool.
- Store in air tight container for up to 3 days.
- You can freeze them too. Once cooled, transfer to a zip-lock bag and store in freezer. To eat, thaw at room temperature or warm in oven for a few minutes.
More Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sprinkles
- 1 cup salted butter , softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, place the cookie dough on a baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown. They should still be soft in the middle.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on pan for 2 minutes and then remove to cooling rack. Enjoy!!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Incredible! I used only brown sugar and dark chocolate chips, left out the sprinkles. We loved them!!
That sounds delicious! So glad you love them :)
My daughter’s favorite! We love how you can put any type of sprinkles in them definitely a fun cookie to make for anytype of party or event
These cookies were excellent. My 3 yr old & I had a blast making these. They looked and tasted even more amazing! Thank you!
I’m so glad you enjoyed them! Thanks for leaving a comment!
These are just so fun. Who wouldn’t enjoy a batch of these for their birthday or for any other day for that matter.