Chocolate Chip and Sprinkle Birthday Cookies – Soft and chewy cookies loaded with chocolate chips and sprinkles. So fun, festive and full of deliciousness! These birthday cookies are perfect for any celebration!
Chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorite desserts…that’s why I had to have them on my birthday! I love this birthday cookies recipe, as well as chocolate chip pudding cookies, brown butter chocolate chip cookies and triple chocolate chip cookies.
These delicious chocolate chip cookies make the perfect birthday treat! They aren’t just ordinary cookies…they are “special birthday cookies” as my kids would say. Filled with chocolate chips and colored sprinkles, these birthday cookies are so fun and festive. And they taste incredible, too! They’re soft in the middle with the perfect crisp on the outside. I could easily eat half a dozen…and I just might! ;)
Ways to customize birthday cookie recipe
Chocolate Chips: I used white and milk chocolate chips, but feel free to customize based on preference. Peanut butter or butterscotch chips would taste delicious too.
Sprinkles: Sprinkles add such a fun and festive feel to these birthday cookies! I used rainbow colored sprinkles, but you could add in your favorite color or even seasonal colored sprinkles too.
Cookie Cake: Try turning this birthday cookie recipe into a birthday cookie cake! Just fill a pie plate or cake plan with the birthday cookie mixture and bake. Feel free to top with frosting and candles!
Tips for baking perfect birthday cookies
- Use a cookie scoop to ensure the birthday cookies are all around the same size.
- I like to take my birthday cookies out of the oven when they are a little underdone. I’ll let them sit on the hot cookie pan for a couple of minutes (they continue to cook through), then I’ll transfer to a baking rack to cool.
- Store in air tight container for up to 3 days.
- You can freeze these birthday cookies too. Once cooled, transfer to a zip-lock bag and store in freezer. To eat, thaw at room temperature and warm in oven for a few minutes.
Birthday Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and sprinkles. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, place the cookie dough on a baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown. They should still be soft in the middle. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on pan for 2 minutes and then remove to cooling rack.