This EASY 2-ingredient Velveeta queso is the perfect last minute dip that’s easily made in the microwave or crockpot. It’s great for a crowd and tastes super creamy and delicious.
I’m no stranger to Mexican appetizers, especially chips and dip. Two of my favorite dips are salsa and queso, and this Velveeta queso tastes like a combination of both. It’s made with Velveeta cheese and diced tomatoes and tastes amazing served with fresh tortilla chips.
This is one of those recipes that is nice to have in your back pocket. All you need are 2 simple ingredients. It’s super creamy and yummy! Perfect for when you need a super last minute EASY appetizer (or late night snack).
This recipe is easy to cut in half and easy to double for a crowd. It’s perfect for game day or to add to a nacho bar when hosting a dinner party. Another thing that makes it great is that it can be made in either the microwave or slow cooker – two of the easiest cooking methods out there, in my opinion! So simple and delicious.
2 simple ingredients
- Velveeta cheese
How to make queso with velveeta
Microwave method: Place Velveeta cubes and diced tomatoes in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes, then stir and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until smooth. Transfer to a crockpot and keep on warm setting until ready to serve.
Crockpot method: Place Velveeta cubes and diced tomatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker. Cook on low for 1-2 hours, or until the dip is smooth. Turn to keep warm setting until ready to serve.
Tips + Variations
- Cook up 1/2 pound of hot breakfast sausage until brown and then add into the queso.
- Add in 1 chopped jalapeno for extra spice.
- Dice 1 red bell pepper and 1/2 an onion. Saute in 1 Tablespoon oil and add in once they are cooked and tender.
- Use the mild RO*TEL if you don’t like much spice.
- Use half the can of tomatoes if you don’t prefer tomatoes.
- Move to a slow cooker and keep on warm until ready to serve. Make sure to give it a good stir before serving.
- Add a little heavy cream if you want to thin it out.
- Use the Velveeta queso blanco for a variation.
More easy cheese dip recipes:
- Cream cheese and chili queso dip
- Skillet queso with chorizo
- Slow cooker queso blanco
- Pretzel cheese dip
- Nacho cheese dip
- 16 ounce package Velveeta
- 10 ounce can RO*TEL
Optional mix in's: 1/2 pound cooked breakfast sausage, sautéed bell peppers and onions, jalapenos
- Cube Velveeta into a microwavable bowl. Add in the can of RO*TEL. Microwave for 3 minutes. Stir and then cook 1-2 more minutes or until smooth. Alternatively place in a slow cooker and cook on low for 1-2 hours or until smooth.
- Add in optional mix in's if desired.
- Store in slow cooker on the warm setting until ready to serve.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!