The BEST Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies …soft, chewy and slightly crispy around the edges. These have the perfect flavor and tons of chocolate!
A couple days ago, I showed you how to make brown butter, and now I’m going to share with you the perfect way to use it. Chocolate chip cookies are my absolute favorite dessert in the world, so I am excited to share another one of my favorite recipes.
These Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are definitely a tie with my classic chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chip pudding cookies. They are more rich than your typical chocolate chip cookie and full of flavor! The brown butter has a rich caramely flavor. Everyone that tries these always tells me they are amazing and asks what is different about them. I tell them the brown butter!
I’ve been testing this recipe for several months now and have made these at least a dozen times, trying to get them just right. It was one big science experiment. I’d change one thing each time, such as the amount of salt or the way I melted the butter until they turned out just right. It was actually a lot of fun and yummy at the same time.
My favorite way to make these chocolate chip cookies is with half milk chocolate chips and half dark chocolate chunks. It adds the perfect flavor. You can never have too much chocolate, am I right?! ;)
Ah, seriously… look at the dough. I could just stop right here and be completely happy. The dough may be my favorite part. But shh.. don’t tell my kids.
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Printable Recipe
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup 2 sticks, unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking with a baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt 1 stick of the butter in a pan over medium heat. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, swirling the pan every so often. Allow the butter to brown (when it turns an amber golden color and has a nutty aroma it’s done). Remove from the heat and then pour into a bowl and chill for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup softened butter, brown sugar and sugar. Mix for 1 minute, until smooth and creamy. The mix in the melted brown butter and mix until combined. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Then add the flour, salt and baking soda. Mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough onto the prepared pan, about 2 inches a part. Bake for 7-9 minutes, or just until the edges are golden brown, while the center is still slighty doughy. Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes on the pan and then move to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy with a cold class of milk!
If you’re really looking for a sweet treat this summer, sandwich 2 cookies between a scoop of ice cream to make the perfect ice cream sandwich. You’re welcome. ;)
Ah, nothing I love more than a really good, soft and chewy (while slightly crisp around the edges), warm DOUBLE chocolate chip cookie!