Strawberry, pistachio, and burrata salad with a poppyseed dressing…super fresh, flavorful and satisfying! This strawberry salad has the most perfect combination of flavors and will become your new favorite!
I’m super excited to share this new burrata salad recipe with you today. It’s perfect for summer, or anytime really. I recently discovered my love of burrata cheese after trying it in a salad at a local restaurant and have been putting it on everything ever since! It’s SO good. Why didn’t anyone tell me about it sooner?! I’ve definitely been seeing this cheese as a new trend for salads and it really is amazing. It tastes great in salads, on top of pizzas and toast.
This strawberry salad has quickly become one of my new favorites. It has such a delicious combination of ingredients and the flavors blend together so well. There really is so much flavor in this burrata salad. It is so yummy and has been on rotation in my house a lot this summer!
Burrata Salad Ingredients
All you need for this burrata salad is a spring mix/and or kale, strawberries, avocados, pistachios and burrata cheese. Then layer it all in a large bowl, drizzle the poppyseed dressing over the top of the salad and toss it all together.
Quick tips about this strawberry salad recipe
- I wanted to share this trick I recently discovered on the cooking channel for keeping your dressing smooth and creamy. All you need to do is place an ice cube in the salad dressing and whisk (or shake in a jar) for 30 seconds. Then remove the ice cube. Works like a charm!
- If you can’t find burrata or would like to use a different cheese, you easily can. Mozzarella or feta would taste delicious in this strawberry salad!
- Add grilled or baked chicken for some extra protein. Steak would taste delicious too. :)
- While I LOVE the pistachios in this burrata salad, you could swap for pecans or walnuts if you don’t have any on hand.
- I like to use a mason jar when making the poppyseed dressing. That way I can easily shake it up before serving, as well as store it in the refrigerator in the mason jar.
- Don’t feel like making the poppyseed dressing? Store bought is fine too. Or if poppyseed isn’t your favorite, try an olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing. Balsamic would work too.
Thinking I need to make this burrata salad again for lunch. SO so good and easy to make!
Love this burrata salad? You’ll like these other delicious salad recipes too:
Burrata Salad Recipe
- 8 cups spring salad (could also use spinach or kale)
- 1-2 cups strawberries (sliced)
- 1-2 avocados (sliced)
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 burrata cheese ball (sliced; could also substitute with mozzarella or feta)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon poppyseeds
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- dash of salt
- Place the spring salad in a large bowl. Layer the strawberries, avocados, pistachios and burrata cheese on top of the lettuce. You can use a pre-made poppyseed dressing, or place the dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake together. Add an ice cube and shake around for 30 seconds and then remove the ice cube. Drizzle the dressing over the burrata salad and toss together.