Fruity Pebbles Treats – A fantastic combination between rice krispie treats, cake batter and fruity pebbles cereal. The perfect no-bake sweet treat that’s destined to be your new favorite dessert!
If you’re looking for a fun and easy treat to make for a party or to enjoy with your family, these fruity pebble bars are it! There’s no baking required and they taste incredible. Plus the colors are so festive, too! Some of our other favorites are microwave caramel popcorn, rainbow cupcakes, trail mix muddy buddies and peanut butter cereal bars.
Fruity pebbles rice krispie treats
Okay, friends. Classic rice krispie treats are NORMALLY not my weakness… but these fruity pebbles treats sure got me! I love fruity pebbles and cake batter, so I thought it would be yummy to combine the two. And boy, was that a great idea :) These bars are now one of my favorite rice krispie treats variations!
Seriously the combination of the fruity pebbles and the cake batter rice krispie treats is SOO good! You could definitely double the fruity pebbles mixture if you aren’t a cake mix fan, but I thought layering the bars with both was delicious.
And look how much cuter they are than the plain ol’ rice krispie treat. I’m telling you…these fruity pebble bars are so yummy. I ate almost half the pan. No joke!
What are the ingredients in fruity pebbles treats?
It only takes 5 simple ingredients to make these fruity pebble bars. Check them out below. If you’re not a cake mix fan, simply omit the cake batter layer and just double the fruity pebbles layer. I also like to top my fruity pebble bars with colored sprinkles for some added decoration.
- Mini marshmallows
- Fruity pebbles cereal
- Yellow cake mix
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Sprinkles (optional)
How to make fruity pebbles treats
Scroll down for the printable fruity pebbles rice krispy treats recipe and video tutorial.
Fruity pebbles layer
- Butter a 9×13″ baking dish and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, however don’t let melt all the way.
- Stir in fruity pebbles cereal, then press mixture into the baking dish with a spoon coated in butter.
Cake mix layer
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Once almost melted, stir in cake mix.
- Then stir in rice krispies cereal. Mix until completely coated with marshmallow mixture. Add half of sprinkles if desired and stir.
- Pour cake batter rice krispie treats on top of fruity pebbles treats and top with more sprinkles if desired.
- Let cool before cutting. I find that using a plastic knife works best.
Quick tips for fruity pebble bars
- For easier removal, line your baking dish with foil and butter.
- To ensure fruity pebbles bars are even and compact, push down with a spoon coated in butter or wax paper.
- Add dry cake mix in – no need to make the cake batter according to directions on box.
- Can omit cake mix layer and double fruity pebbles layer instead.
- For a fun touch, add sprinkles to batter and on top.
- Let fruity pebbles treats cool completely before cutting into squares (plastic knife works great).
Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie Treats
Fruity Pebbles Layer:
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 4-5 cups fruity pebbles
Cake Batter Layer:
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 5-6 cups rice krispies cereal
Optional: 1/4 cup sprinkles, more if desired
- Butter a 9×13″ baking dish, set aside. You can also line the pan with foil and butter that for easy removal.
- For the bottom layer, melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, however don't let the marshmallows melt all the way. Then stir in the fruity pebbles. Then you’ll press the fruity pebbles mixture into the baking dish. I found it easiest to push down the mixture with a spoon coated in butter or wax paper.
- For the top layer, melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Once almost melted, stir in the cake mix. Then stir in the rice krispies cereal. Mix until it is completely coated with the marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and stir until combined.
- Next, pour the cake batter rice krispie treats on top of the fruity pebbles treats and top with more sprinkles if desired.
- Let cool before cutting. I find using a plastic knife to cut works best.