A fantastic combination between rice krispie treats and fruity pebbles cereal. These perfectly gooey and soft fruity pebbles treats are destined to be your new favorite no-bake dessert!
Table of Contents
Fruity Pebbles + Rice Krispie Treats
Okay friends, rice krispie treats are NORMALLY not my weakness…but these fruity pebbles treats sure got me! I love fruity pebbles, so I thought it would be yummy to combine the two. And boy, was that a great idea :) These bars are now one of my favorite rice krispie treats variations!
Seriously the addition of the fruity cereal is SOO good! It adds the perfect hint of sweetness and is a fun way to jazz up the classic recipe. The bars are perfectly gooey from the marshmallows, with a soft and delicious texture that will leave you craving another bite. Trust me, this easy dessert is addicting!
Tips + Variations
- Line pan. For easier removal, line your baking dish with foil or parchment paper and then butter the foil. This keeps the marshmallows from sticking to the pan.
- Thickness. For thinner bars, use a 9×13″ pan. For thicker bars, use a 9×9″ pan.
- Low heat. Slowly melting the butter and marshmallows over low heat is what gives these bars that beloved gooey and soft texture. Low and slow is the key for the perfect fruity pebbles rice krispie treats.
- Press into pan. To ensure that they are even and compact, push down with a spoon coated in butter or wax paper.
- Let cool. Before cutting into squares, let the bars cool completely so that they’ll hold their shape. If you’d like to speed up the cooling process, try sticking the pan in the fridge for a bit.
- Cutting. I’ve found that a plastic knife works best when cutting these fruity pebbles treats. This recipe will make enough for about 16-18 medium-sized squares, or 9-10 larger squares.
- All fruity pebbles. If you love fruity pebbles, feel free to replace the rice krispies cereal with the fruity cereal instead. They will be sweeter this way, but oh so delicious!
- Cocoa pebbles. For a richer variation, sub fruity pebbles for cocoa pebbles.
To keep them soft, store any leftovers in an airtight container or zip top bag. They will stay fresh for up to 3 days if stored properly, although they never last that long at my house! :)
Other Delicious Cereal Desserts
Fruity Pebbles Treats
- 5 Tablespoons salted butter
- 16 ounce mini marshmallows
- 4 cups fruity pebbles , about 1/2 a box
- 2 cups rice krispies , or sub for all fruity pebbles
- Line a 9×13″ (or 9×9" for thick bars) baking dish with foil or parchment paper and butter. Set aside. Then melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add 7-8 cups marshmallows and stir until almost melted. Then remove from the heat.
- Next, stir in the cereal and remaining 2-3 cups of mini marshmallows. Mix until completely coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Add mixture to baking dish and press down with a spoon coated in butter or wax paper to compact and level out surface.
- Let cool before slicing. I find using a plastic knife to cut them works best.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!