Gooey marshmallow caramel popcorn made with just 4 ingredients in 15 minutes! This mouth-watering treat has all the delicious flavors and textures you could dream of…sweet, salty, crunchy and completely addicting!
Sweet and Salty Popcorn
If you’re a fan of my microwave caramel corn, you’re going to love this gooey marshmallow version even more. My grandma gave me this recipe and after one bite, I was hooked. The marshmallow mixture almost reminds me of rice krispie treats, but the brown sugar takes it over the top. It’s seriously so addicting!
This marshmallow caramel corn makes an easy no-bake dessert to whip up in a pinch and is a great recipe to make with your little ones. It’s so easy throw together and requires only 4 ingredients. In just 15 minutes from start to finish, you’ll have an amazing dessert that your family can’t get enough of!
Tips + Variations
- Popcorn: To make it easier, I bought a bag of pre popped popcorn (Skinny Pop is my favorite). You can also make your own stovetop popcorn or cook it in the microwave if preferred.
- Extras: Once you spread the marshmallow popcorn out on a piece of wax paper, feel free to sprinkle any extras on top. We like to add mini M&M’s, mini chocolate chips or some colorful sprinkles.
- Popcorn balls: For individual servings, use your hands to shape the popcorn into balls (similar to how I made these caramel popcorn balls).
- Gifting: This popcorn would be fun served in little cups or packaged up in clear bags. They would make great party favors, neighbor gifts or just a fun mini dessert to serve at your next dinner party.
Storing Marshmallow Popcorn
This is one of those recipes that tastes best served the first day so that the popcorn doesn’t get stale or lose it’s flavor and texture. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container or bag for about 2 days, although I recommend enjoying it the day it’s made if possible!
Other Easy Treats:
- Cookies and Cream Popcorn
- Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Sweet Chex Mix
- Cake Batter Popcorn
- Homemade Caramel Corn
Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn
Optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla, flake sea salt, 1/2 cup mini M&M's
- Pour popcorn into a large bowl.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large pan over medium-low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, stir in brown sugar until it is dissolved (only about 1 minute). Then remove from heat and add vanilla if desired. Pour over the bowl of popcorn. Stir until the popcorn is completely coated. Add more popcorn until desired texture is reached.
- Then spread out onto wax paper and sprinkle with salt or M&M's if desired.