Chicken Club Lettuce Wraps… a quick and easy lunch idea made with only a few ingredients!
Hello Nap Time readers! It’s Kristin from Yellow Bliss Road and I’m back again with a delicious recipe that’s a perfect fresh & healthy choice for a cool summer supper – Chicken Club Lettuce Wraps!
Lettuce wraps can be low carb, low calorie and grain or gluten free, depending on the toppings you choose. This chicken club wrap has grilled chicken, tomatoes, avocado, bacon and a creamy Dijon sauce to give it a little kick. There are so many possibilities and options for lettuce wraps – you could have a different recipe every day. They don’t require much prep work, and offer a filling alternative to traditional calorie laden sandwiches or tortilla wraps, plus I just love the crisp bite of the lettuce!
My kids are huge fans of these lettuce wraps too. They love salad, and just lettuce in general. When we’re at a restaurant, my son will take the lettuce garnish from my plate and dip it in his ranch dressing and just eat the whole thing! So this is definitely a perfect meal for when I need something quick and that my kids will eat without complaints.
The recipe is so simple, I can hardly call it a recipe! It starts with chicken, which can be barbecued, baked or even rotisserie, or use my easy stovetop grilling method. The perfect club of course has lots of fresh tomato and avocado, and creamy Dijon mustard. To make the Dijon sauce, simply mix one part Dijon mustard with one part sour cream, and add a few turns of fresh cracked pepper. I really, really like simple! For the lettuce I prefer iceberg or Romaine, but any crisp lettuce would work. Just carefully peel away the outer layers to the smaller layers underneath.
It’s fun to eat, and can get a little messy, so be sure to have the napkins handy.
More yummy healthy recipes
Chicken Club Lettuce Wraps
- 3 chicken tenders or one chicken breast; seasoned cooked and diced
- 1/2 pint of grape tomatoes diced
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 4 slices bacon cooked and diced
- 4 iceberg or romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the Dijon Sauce – In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, sour cream and pepper. Set aside for topping lettuce wraps.
- To prepare the lettuce wraps, divide the diced chicken among the four lettuce leaves, then top with avocado, tomatoes, bacon, and Dijon dressing.
- To eat, simply pick up the wrap like a taco, and enjoy!