A delicious cobb salad that’s fresh, flavorful and full of your favorite toppings! Makes the perfect lunch or dinner any day of the week. This recipe is a staple at our house.
I love to make easy salad recipes during the week for lunch or dinner. This cobb salad is at the top of my list, as well as my Mediterranean salad, mandarin orange salad and BBQ chicken salad. All are so delicious!
I love a good classic cobb salad! It’s one of my favorite lunches and I make one at least once a week! Whenever I have leftover chicken in the fridge, I typically will make this recipe. It is so good and easy!
Since the weather is warmer I added some grilled corn into mine, but you definitely could leave that out if you prefer. I love the added crunch it gives though. You could also add croutons for a small crunch, too. The more fix in’s, the better in my opinion!
Cobb salad ingredients
- Mixed greens: Any mixed greens will work, like romaine, spinach or a spring mix.
- Chicken: Shredded chicken, grilled chicken, rotisserie or baked chicken are all delicious.
- Bacon: I love the addition of bacon. You can substitute for turkey bacon for a lighter option if desired.
- Tomatoes: I used sliced cherry tomatoes, but any kind would work.
- Corn: Corn adds a great crunch. I like to grill my corn for added flavor, but you can also microwave it as well.
- Avocados: I like to dice up one whole avocado using my avocado peeler. Helps speed up the process and is super easy!
- Egg: Not only are hard boiled eggs yummy, but I also like the addition of the added protein.
- Optional add ins: Cheddar, feta, blue or roquefort cheese, croutons
Start with 1 large bowl or 4 individual sized bowls. Place the chopped lettuce in the bottom of the bowl, then add sliced chicken, tomatoes, avocado, hard boiled eggs, bacon and onion. Drizzle your preferred dressing on top (ranch or blue cheese dressing are my favorites). Then toss the salad to combine.
Favorite ranch dressing
I love making a homemade buttermilk ranch dressing for this salad, but you’re welcome to use your favorite store bought as well.
For homemade ranch dressing, you’ll need:
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Instructions: Whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
More delicious salad recipes:
- Wedge Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Shredded Chicken Taco Salad
- Asian Chicken Salad
Cobb Salad Recipe
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut in half horizontally)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 8 cups romaine lettuce (spinach or spring mix)
- 1 cup corn
- 2 tomatoes (sliced or diced)
- 1 avocado (sliced or diced)
- 2 hard boiled eggs (sliced or diced)
- 4 strips of bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1/4 cup green onion (sliced thin)
For serving: Ranch dressing (or your favorite dressing)
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken into the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through the center.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and slice into thin strips once slightly cooled.
- Layer the lettuce in one large bowl, or 4 individual bowls. Top with chicken, tomatoes, avocado, eggs, bacon, corn and onion. Drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad and toss until combined. S&P, to taste.