Taco lettuce wraps are a healthy, flavorful and delicious protein packed, low-carb alternative to traditional tacos. They’re paleo, gluten-free and an easy Whole 30 recipe!
Table of Contents
Low Carb Lettuce Tacos
I love to make lettuce wraps whenever I’m trying to eat clean. They are a healthy alternative and taste so delicious. Some of my favorite lettuce wrap recipes are my cashew chicken lettuce wraps, PF Chang’s lettuce wraps and chicken club lettuce wraps.
One of my new favorite healthy dinner recipes are these taco lettuce wraps. I made them when I was doing a round of the Whole30, since you can’t have any grains or gluten. I decided to try a lettuce wrap instead of a taco shell and to my surprise, I didn’t even miss the shell!
- Olive oil
- Red bell pepper
- Lean ground beef or turkey
- Spices: Cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, S&P
- Romaine lettuce cups
- Toppings of choice
How to Make Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Brown the onions, peppers and ground beef. In a large pan over medium-heat, saute the onion and bell peppers in the olive oil. Once translucent, add ground beef and brown. Remove any excess grease.
- Add in seasonings and simmer. Mix in the spices and salsa and let simmer for a few more minutes, until combined and thick.
- Top and serve! Add taco meat to the inside of each lettuce leaf and top with your favorite toppings.
Lettuce Tacos Toppings
I love to top my lettuce tacos with fresh pico de gallo and sliced avocado! Perfection! :)
- Pico de gallo
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Diced peppers
- Black beans
More Healthy Dinners
Taco Lettuce Wraps
For serving: Lettuce cups or taco shells
Optional toppings: pico de gallo, avocado, sour cream, cheese
- In a large frying pan, sauté the onion and bell peppers in the oil over medium-heat. Once onions are translucent, add ground beef and brown. Remove any grease.
- Mix in salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and salsa. Let simmer for a couple minutes.
- Serve the taco meat inside a lettuce wrap or taco cup. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Can use lean ground beef or ground turkey.
- Omit the chili powder if you aren’t a huge fan of spice.
- I love to double my taco meat and freeze half for a busy weeknight. Check out how I freeze mine in this post.
- Can use hard taco shells if preferred.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!