Chili Queso Dip – Super easy and delicious Velveeta cheese dip with amazing flavor. Can be made in the skillet, slow cooker and even the microwave!
Dips are my all-time favorite type of appetizer. I could literally eat chips and dip every day and not get sick of it. We love this chili cheese dip, as well as buffalo chicken dip, spinach artichoke dip and smoked Italian cheese dip. So yummy!
Chili cheese dip
A good friend gave this Velveeta cheese dip recipe to me years ago and it is still one of my favorite EASY dips to make. You literally just melt everything together in a skillet or crockpot and that’s it! So simple and my whole family loves it!
I’ve dressed it up a bit by adding in fresh lime juice, cilantro and taco seasoning and it adds the perfect flavor! It is so not healthy but oh so good! Perfect appetizer for a quick get together.
If you run out of time, you can even throw everything in the microwave for a few minutes until all of the cheese is warm and melted. Seriously so easy and yummy!
What I love about this chili queso dip recipe is that it takes only a few simple ingredients! I added taco seasoning, cilantro and lime juice for extra flavor, but you could easily just use Velveeta, cream cheese and chili and call it a day. It is still super delicious that way!
How to make chili cream cheese dip
There are three different ways that you can make this Velveeta chili dip recipe. I usually prefer the skillet or slow cooker, but it’s nice to know it can get done in the microwave if I’m short on time. So, so simple!
Warm all ingredients in a skillet over low heat, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
Add all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Stir and keep warm until ready to serve.
Place the Velveeta, cream cheese and chili in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 3-5 minutes, or until melted. Then mix in taco seasoning, cilantro and lime juice and stir to combine.
More Mexican dips:
- Crockpot Queso Blanco
- Queso Dip with Chorizo
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 2-Ingredient Velveeta Queso
- 5 Layer Dip
Cream cheese and chili queso dip
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (cut into cubes)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (cut into cubes)
- 15 ounce can no-bean chili
- 1-2 teaspoons taco seasoning (or chili seasoning, more to taste)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 lime (juiced)
For serving: Tortilla chips
- Skillet: Warm the ingredients in a skillet over low heat, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
- Slow Cooker: Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Stir and keep warm in the slow cooker until ready to serve.
- Microwave: Place the chili, cream cheese and Velveeta in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Add in taco seasoning, cilantro and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Top with extra cilantro if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.
- You can add a Tablespoon or two of water if the dip needs to be thinned out.
- You can also make this without Velveeta and it’s just as yummy!