Super easy and delicious chili queso dip with amazing flavor. Can be made in the skillet, slow cooker and even the microwave!
Table of Contents
Easy Mexican Chili Queso Dip
Dips are my all-time favorite type of appetizer. I could literally eat chips and dip every day and not get sick of it. We love this chili cheese dip, as well as buffalo chicken dip and spinach artichoke dip. So yummy!
A good friend gave this Velveeta cheese dip recipe to me years ago and it is still one of my favorite EASY dips to make. You literally just melt everything together in a skillet or crockpot and that’s it! So simple and my whole family loves it!
I’ve dressed it up a bit by adding in fresh lime juice, cilantro and taco seasoning and it adds the perfect flavor! It is so not healthy but oh so good! Perfect appetizer for a quick get together.
If you run out of time, you can even throw everything in the microwave for a few minutes until all of the cheese is warm and melted. Seriously so easy and yummy!
What I love about this recipe is that it takes only a few simple ingredients! I added taco seasoning, cilantro and lime juice for extra flavor, but you could easily just use Velveeta, cream cheese and chili and call it a day. It is still super delicious that way!
- Velveeta cheese
- Cream cheese
- No-bean chili
- Taco seasoning or chili seasoning
- Lime juice
How to Make Chili Cream Cheese Dip – 3 Ways
There are three different ways that you can make this recipe. I usually prefer the skillet or slow cooker, but it’s nice to know it can get done in the microwave if I’m short on time. So, so simple!
- Skillet. Warm all ingredients in a skillet over low heat, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
- Slow cooker. Add all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Stir and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Microwave. Place the Velveeta, cream cheese and chili in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 3-5 minutes, or until melted. Then mix in taco seasoning, cilantro and lime juice and stir to combine.
Love cheesy dips? This homemade queso blanco dip is another favorite!
More Mexican Dips
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Cream Cheese and Chili Queso Dip
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese , cut into cubes
- 8 ounces cream cheese , cut into cubes
- 15 ounce can no-bean chili
- 1-2 teaspoons taco seasoning , or chili seasoning (more to taste)
- ¼ cup cilantro , chopped
- 1 lime , juiced
For serving: Tortilla chips
- Skillet: Warm the ingredients in a skillet over low heat, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
- Slow Cooker: Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Stir and keep warm in the slow cooker until ready to serve.
- Microwave: Place the chili, cream cheese and Velveeta in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Add in taco seasoning, cilantro and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Top with extra cilantro if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.
- You can add a Tablespoon or two of water if the dip needs to be thinned out.
- You can also make this without Velveeta and it’s just as yummy!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
This was perfect in my cast iron skillet! I saved the crispy edges for myself. shhhhh
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! The crispy edges are the best!